Order and Order Product Importing. CRM 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I need to import data to the "Order" entity, but I don´t have the Order Id, that is automatically generated by the system, so the Import Wizard asks it as a required field.  I can not change the "Level Requirement" of the field to -not required-.

And I can  import the "Order Products" to an already created "Order" in CRM.

Please your suggestions to solve this.

Thanks in advance

Roxana Cevallos Q Microsoft CRM 4.0
    Tuesday, November 30, 2010 7:13 PM

Answers

• Hello, to import order products into CRM 4.0 using the Import Wizard you'll need to include the Order ID column and values in your import CSV file. You can get the CRM Order ID by exporting your already imported orders to Excel. You can then use VLOOKUP in Excel to match your order IDs to the order products.

Hope this helps?

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Monday, February 14, 2011 10:11 AM
  • If your system jobs are stuck in a 'Waiting' state, this is usually because the Microsoft CRM Asynchronous service is not running. Check the Windows services on the CRM server and ensure that the Async service is running. You might need to start a new thread to troubleshoot your async service further.

Regards, Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd. You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter. Join over 10,000 other CRM professionals on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM group on LinkedIn.

Monday, February 14, 2011 11:29 AM
  • This error message that CRM could not match the order product you are trying to import to any of the products in your product catalog. The product name "GE-1 128-512 1-20 " must exactly match the name of an existing product. It might not match because you have a trailing space at the end of the product name in your import file.

For more help on this error, try and internet search. This question has been answered lots of times before.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:16 AM

All replies

• Same problem for mee too..anybody can help us?
    Monday, February 14, 2011 9:16 AM
  • Hello, to import order products into CRM 4.0 using the Import Wizard you'll need to include the Order ID column and values in your import CSV file. You can get the CRM Order ID by exporting your already imported orders to Excel. You can then use VLOOKUP in Excel to match your order IDs to the order products.

Hope this helps?

Monday, February 14, 2011 10:11 AM
  • Hi neil Benson,

Thank you very much for your immediate replay.I added Order ID column and tried for import.But its system job status is "waiting" and not doing any thing! no error too..

Please help me.

Monday, February 14, 2011 11:14 AM
  • If your system jobs are stuck in a 'Waiting' state, this is usually because the Microsoft CRM Asynchronous service is not running. Check the Windows services on the CRM server and ensure that the Async service is running. You might need to start a new thread to troubleshoot your async service further.

Regards, Neil

Monday, February 14, 2011 11:29 AM
  • Thanks you very much Mr.Neil,

Asynchronous service was not running.I restarted.

Now "The look up reference could not be resolved" error! shows for the values of  the column heading 'Product'

Monday, February 14, 2011 11:49 AM
  • And ..Please find below my sample csv file

Order ID,Serial Mac,Product,Unit,Start Date,End Date,Package Status,Price Per Unit,Quantity,Extended Amount
    ORD-01094-SDHM,11111,GE-1 128-512 1-20 ,DAY,04/01/2011,13/01/2011,Initial,8.67,10.00000,86.70
    ORD-01094-SDHM,11111,GE-2 256-512 1-20 ,DAY,14/01/2011,31/01/2011,Upgrade,10.17,18.00000,183.06

thanks in advance

Best Regards

Belraj

Monday, February 14, 2011 11:54 AM
  • please help me
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 7:56 AM
  • This error message that CRM could not match the order product you are trying to import to any of the products in your product catalog. The product name "GE-1 128-512 1-20 " must exactly match the name of an existing product. It might not match because you have a trailing space at the end of the product name in your import file.

For more help on this error, try and internet search. This question has been answered lots of times before.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:16 AM
  • Mr.Neil

Thank you very much for your help..let me check in internet and update you.

Regards

Belraj

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 11:15 AM
  • Mr.Neil,

Sorry to disturbe you again..Still i couldnt find any solution for my issue.If you have any thing more please help me.I trieed GUID method for look up reference, but no luck!

Sunday, February 20, 2011 11:27 AM
  • Thanks a lot Mr.Neil,

I just removed  all the trailing spaces of product name "GE-1 128-512 1-20"  and change to "GE-1-128-512-1-20".now wonderfully it is working!..we cant put trailing spaces in middle of the product name?

Once again thank you very much.

Regards

Belraj

Sunday, February 20, 2011 1:11 PM