WHS2011 and my XBox RRS feed

• Question

• OK, just got WHS2011 installed and messing around with it it is har ro figure out if there is a way to selectively stream media to one XBox in the house and not another.  I have several different consoles and media servers and it seems as if there is no way to selct permission for a particular hardware device dictiating which files will and won't stream.  Is this true?  I really don't want adult material capable of streaming to my daughter's XBox but would like to watch movies in my own room off my own network media player,
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 9:58 PM

Answers

• I think you are out of luck there as WHS 2011 conforms to the DNLA standard, which I do not believe has that functionality.
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 10:15 PM

All replies

• I think you are out of luck there as WHS 2011 conforms to the DNLA standard, which I do not believe has that functionality.
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 10:15 PM
  • Thanks a bunch... that is actually what I was expecting to hear although I am gonna' try and outsmart the system and have some fun in the process.  Small price to pay for such a great tool.  WHS2011 is great........
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 11:04 PM