Command line printer installation RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to install a printer using the rundll32 printui.dll command line tool.  The info is:

Printer name:    Test-CSE
    file:                  4515.inf
    Server:            at-cetus.ad.ufl.edu
    Queue:            CSE-ATLAB-BWQ
    Driver Name:   HP Universal Printing PS

I have entered the info into the command below, however I get the same error of 0x00000002.  I have talked with HP and I tested the inf file.  It works.  How do I get the below command to work if the LPR port is created and working?

rundll32 printui.dll, PrintUIEntry /if /b "Test-CSE" /f "C:\test\4515.inf" /r "at-cetus.ad.ufl.edu:CSE-ATLAB-BWQ" /m "HP Universal Printing PS" /z /u
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 7:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post!  Unfortunately I am not able to determine which forum or newsgroup is best suited for your question.

Can you provide me a little more detail in regards to which operating system you are using?

Have a nice day!!!!!

Swapnil Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 6:28 AM
  • this is more of a command line thing.  But I am using it in both Vista and XP.....    I will be attempting to using it in a shell command in Visual studios.  But using the command line in the C Prompt still doesnt work.
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 2:44 PM
  •  Hi,

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest please post your question in the forum

Windows Client TechCenter > Windows Vista IT Pro Forums > Windows Vista Printing

located here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itprovistaprinting/threads

Have a great day!!!!!

Swapnil Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    • Proposed as answer by swapnilpBanned Monday, September 21, 2009 9:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by swapnilpBanned Thursday, October 8, 2009 12:47 PM
    Monday, September 21, 2009 9:14 PM