Windows 10 WHS connector blown RRS feed

• Question

• by Magicdisk-this happen to anyone else-Did it appear on your computer after you upgraded to 10?
    Friday, August 21, 2015 10:53 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the answer Eve,

It has been resolved-should have written a few days ago. The only error msg was booting into windows-bah.dll wouldn't start, have to use elevated run to use magic disk.

After trying all fixes to get the connector working I gave up and started setting up 10. Along the way I got to the magic disk problem. I don't use it, didn't remember it being on the machine. Wouldn't uninstall through programs-used a uninstaller. Tried the connector after a reboot and when I saw the flash, I knew I was in. There were some fits and starts but it is running smooth now.

Just one of those problems of a particular machine.

• Marked as answer by Olaf Engelke Tuesday, August 25, 2015 2:52 PM
    Monday, August 24, 2015 12:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If it is a upgraded Windows 10, you may try to un-install previous Connector, restart the client and try to re-install Connector. 

How do I uninstall the Connector software:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/uninstall-connector-2.aspx

If the problem persists, is there any error message? Or related event has been logged on Event Viewer?

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 24, 2015 8:47 AM
  • Thanks for the answer Eve,

It has been resolved-should have written a few days ago. The only error msg was booting into windows-bah.dll wouldn't start, have to use elevated run to use magic disk.

After trying all fixes to get the connector working I gave up and started setting up 10. Along the way I got to the magic disk problem. I don't use it, didn't remember it being on the machine. Wouldn't uninstall through programs-used a uninstaller. Tried the connector after a reboot and when I saw the flash, I knew I was in. There were some fits and starts but it is running smooth now.

Just one of those problems of a particular machine.

• Marked as answer by Olaf Engelke Tuesday, August 25, 2015 2:52 PM
    Monday, August 24, 2015 12:26 PM
  • Magicdisc is 3rd party software, which is a tool for mounting ISO images.

So maybe you had it in your Windows 7 installation. Since Windows 10 allows to mount ISOs without 3rd party tools this is obsolete and no longer supported I assume.

Had nothing to do with Windows Home Server.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 2:52 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to let me know the result. Your sharing might be helpful for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 27, 2015 1:22 AM