Installation Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a server on which CRM 4.0 was installed. I uninstalled it in order to do a redeployment. Now in the redeployment process, i'm trying to install it again, i get the following error in the environmental diagnosis:

"One or more Microsoft Dynamics CRM groups are not valid. The group scope must be Domain Local or Universal. The group type must be Security."

All the groups are there, i cheked them.

What's the problem then?

Friday, October 24, 2008 7:14 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I solved my errors by putting "Domain Local" as scope for the CRM groups and by mapping the users automatically, not manually.

Thanks for your replies

Monday, October 27, 2008 2:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It tells: One or More MSCRM security groups (UserGroup, PrivUserGroup, SQLAccessGroup, ReportingGroup, PrivReportingGroup) are not valid. Please go to AD and open these groups to check their scope.

Cheers,

Jim

Saturday, October 25, 2008 10:01 AM
  • Hi,

I checked the AD, the scope was Global so i put it as universal. Now the installation is completed successfully so i redeployed using Import Organisation and map the users. When they try to access CRM, they get the following error:

Error Description:

systemuser With Id = b9c96039-c1e9-dc11-96ff-000476f463c4 Does Not Exist

Error Details:

systemuser With Id = b9c96039-c1e9-dc11-96ff-000476f463c4 Does Not Exist

Full Stack:

[CrmObjectNotFoundException: systemuser With Id = b9c96039-c1e9-dc11-96ff-000476f463c4 Does Not Exist]
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.BusinessProcessObject.Retrieve(BusinessEntityMoniker moniker, EntityExpression entityExpression, ExecutionContext context, Int32[] deletionCodes, Int32 languageCode)
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.BusinessProcessObject.Retrieve(BusinessEntityMoniker moniker, EntityExpression entityExpression, ExecutionContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Caching.UserDataCacheLoader.LoadCacheData(Guid key, ExecutionContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Caching.ObjectModelCacheLoader`2.LoadCacheData(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Caching.BasicCrmCache`2.CreateEntry(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Caching.BasicCrmCache`2.LookupEntry(TKey key, IOrganizationContext context)
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.GetUserInfoInternal(WindowsIdentity identity, IOrganizationContext context, UserAuth& userInfo)
       at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.GetCallerAndBusinessGuidsFromThread(WindowsIdentity identity, Guid organizationId)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.CrmWindowsIdentity..ctor(WindowsIdentity innerIdentity, Boolean publishCrmUser, Guid organizationId)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.WindowsAuthenticationProvider.Authenticate(HttpApplication application)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationStep.Authenticate(HttpApplication application)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationPipeline.Authenticate(HttpApplication application)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Authentication.AuthenticationEngine.Execute(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Other Message:

Error Number:

0x80040217

Source File:

Not available

Line Number:

Not available

Any idea how to slove it?

It's really urgent!

Thanks in advance

Monday, October 27, 2008 6:56 AM
  • The default setting for those security groups was Domain Local. Another reason could be these users haven't been mapped properly, please check the all CRM users are in the ReportingGroup and UserGroup in AD. Also, can CRMAdmin access your new deployment CRM system?

Cheers,

Jim

Monday, October 27, 2008 10:38 AM
  • Hi,

1- The default setting for those groups is Global in my case (it was set as this on installation).

2- All CRM users are in the ReportingGroup and UserGroup in AD.

3- Even CRMAdmin can't access my deployment (neither the new one nor the old one)

Complete Disaster!!

I really need help!!

Monday, October 27, 2008 10:55 AM
  • Hi
    did you run the redeployment tool which is in the MS-CRM 3.0 CD?
    if not try to install it before installing CRM 3.0
    and reconfigure the AD users using the tool
    then try to install the CRM.

BR
    Monday, October 27, 2008 11:20 AM
  • I just found out that CRMadmin can't even access reportserver anymore.

I get the following error:

The permissions granted to user 'COMPMAIN\IUSR_COMP-MAIN' are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)

What's happening??!!!

I really need urgent HELPPP!!

Monday, October 27, 2008 11:21 AM
  • What's your CRMAppPool runas account? Have you changed it for your new depolyment? Make sure this account is a member of the PrivUserGroup. (If your runas account is local system or network service, then the server name should be included in the group)

Cheers,

Jim

Monday, October 27, 2008 12:55 PM
  • Hi,

I solved my errors by putting "Domain Local" as scope for the CRM groups and by mapping the users automatically, not manually.

Thanks for your replies

Monday, October 27, 2008 2:40 PM