none
i don't like there is a file called "SyncToy_[ID].dat" stored in my folder RRS feed

• Question

• i've removed the SyncToy 2.1 from my desktop already, because there is a "SyncToy_[ID].dat" file stored in my own folder, i don't think it is elegant to create some stuffs under my data folders.

i was using "Synkron" as my folder synchronization tools. it doesn't create any files under my folder.

it will be appreciated if "SyncToy" can move those files under itself.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 6:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. Device ID is a good idea. But the developers may need time to discuss the feasibility, for there are too many kinds of storage devices and they are using different rules for device ID.

Thanks very much!

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by hoshikage Thursday, August 26, 2010 2:03 AM
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:13 AM

All replies

• Hi hoshikage,

Sorry for the inconvenience. However, current SyncToy has to use such files to resolve "drive letter change" issue with external storage devices. The mechanism has been introduced since v2.0. For now, there is no way to make SyncToy work without these files.

Thanks

Monday, August 23, 2010 7:49 AM
  • can it records those devices ID (e.g. serial number, model number, etc) instead of existing mechanism on next release?

Thanks!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 4:16 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. Device ID is a good idea. But the developers may need time to discuss the feasibility, for there are too many kinds of storage devices and they are using different rules for device ID.

Thanks very much!

• Marked as answer by hoshikage Thursday, August 26, 2010 2:03 AM
    Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:13 AM