Pick list (drop-down list) for the state/provice and country fields. RRS feed

• Question

• I need to to add a drop down list to the state and country fields within address info for the Business and Contact entities. Any ideas??
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 8:35 PM

Answers

• You can add new picklist attributes to do this and remove the existing fields. If you're concerned about other processes and reports using the old fields, you could also set up a workflow to copy across the picklist values to the old fields.

Leon Tribe
    Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
    or hear me tweet @leontribe

Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog http://leontribe.blogspot.com/ or hear me tweet @leontribe
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 8:50 PM
  • Hi,

You have to create new custom attributes of type picklist. In order to do it, go to "Settings" / "Customization" / "Customize entities" and open the entity you would like to add the attribute to (e.g. Contact in your case). Then go to the link "Attributes" and click "Add new". Create a new attribute of type picklist. Add your valus. Add the field to the form and publish the customization. Unfortunately there is no easy way to add all countries with 'one shot' - you would have to do some unsupported customizations and edit the xml customizations file to paste the list of countries...

I hope that helps,
    Kuba
    -- Kuba Skałbania, Netwise
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 8:52 PM

All replies

• You can add new picklist attributes to do this and remove the existing fields. If you're concerned about other processes and reports using the old fields, you could also set up a workflow to copy across the picklist values to the old fields.

Leon Tribe
    Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
    or hear me tweet @leontribe

Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog http://leontribe.blogspot.com/ or hear me tweet @leontribe
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 8:50 PM
  • Hi,

You have to create new custom attributes of type picklist. In order to do it, go to "Settings" / "Customization" / "Customize entities" and open the entity you would like to add the attribute to (e.g. Contact in your case). Then go to the link "Attributes" and click "Add new". Create a new attribute of type picklist. Add your valus. Add the field to the form and publish the customization. Unfortunately there is no easy way to add all countries with 'one shot' - you would have to do some unsupported customizations and edit the xml customizations file to paste the list of countries...

I hope that helps,
    Kuba
    -- Kuba Skałbania, Netwise
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 8:52 PM