Repair install of Windows Home Server RRS feed

• Question

• The install DVD I have does not include Service pack 1.

The install on the computer has been updated with service park 1 about 6 months ago.

I can not do a repair install of the OS with the DVD I have as it tells me that the install it is it is trying to repair is newer.

Can anyone give me a download site for an ISO of Windows Home Server 2011 SP1?

Thanks for any help.

Saturday, March 1, 2014 7:17 PM

Answers

• Best to reinstall and update.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Tuesday, March 18, 2014 4:46 PM
    Saturday, March 1, 2014 9:18 PM
  • I assume them you did not back up your server? As far as I am aware there were no Installation DVD updates.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Saturday, March 1, 2014 11:03 PM

All replies

• Best to reinstall and update.

Saturday, March 1, 2014 9:18 PM
  • Then I would lose my SQL Database and all my computer backups.

I could restart the backups, but the SQL Database is something else.

Saturday, March 1, 2014 10:43 PM
  • I assume them you did not back up your server? As far as I am aware there were no Installation DVD updates.

Saturday, March 1, 2014 11:03 PM
  • Is the DB located on the same HDD as your OS installation? If not, then how would you lose it? Just re-install everything and attach the database. Otherwise, see if you can read the HDD on another system (so not as OS drive and perhaps via an external USB/eSATA enclosure or some such) and copy the file to a safe place before starting the re-install.
    Sunday, March 2, 2014 8:34 AM