Additional computers RRS feed

• Question

• I want to add a 4th computer to my circle, and this one has Windows Vista on it.  Can, and how do I do this?
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 1:17 AM

Answers

• You can have only three computers in a One Care Circle. You could purchase a second subscription using a different Live ID for the fourth computer but you could not add it to your existing One Care Circle.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 1:34 AM

All replies

• You can have only three computers in a One Care Circle. You could purchase a second subscription using a different Live ID for the fourth computer but you could not add it to your existing One Care Circle.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 1:34 AM

Actually you can have more than 3 showing in your hub.  I have 4 and haven't had any problems.  My only concern is when it comes time to renew my subscription is how it will be billed.  I haven't been able to find a price chart on additional licences for my subscription.
    Saturday, August 22, 2009 4:34 PM

• Actually you can have more than 3 showing in your hub.  I have 4 and haven't had any problems.  My only concern is when it comes time to renew my subscription is how it will be billed.  I haven't been able to find a price chart on additional licences for my subscription.

A Circle is all PCs on your suscription. By the terms of your license, you can only have OneCare activated on up to 3 computers with the same subscription LiveID.
    However, at this point, don't worry bout it. You will not be billed, nor will you be able to renew OneCare. See the announcements at the top of the General forum for OneCare end of life information.
    There never has been an option to add more PCs to a subscription beyond 3. If you needed OneCare for 4 PCs, that would mean 2 subscriptions with 2 different LiveIDs. Any combination of 1 to 3 PCs could be activated on each of the 2 subscrption LiveIDs, but they would not be seen by a single Hub since that Hub can only see the PCs on the same subscription.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Saturday, August 22, 2009 11:28 PM