none
How does a customer cancel a subscription to our Office add-in? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

We sell a subscription based office add-in on the Microsoft office store (https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/office/WA104380804?tab=Overview) and a customer is reporting that they are unable to cancel their subscription and Microsoft have told them it is our role to cancel the subscription and payment. They are threatening to leave a negative review if the subscription is not cancelled within a week (as of 2nd December 2017). 

It is our understanding that payment and subscription is provided by the Microsoft store and not us just like the store handles the initial purchase (previous tech support cases Microsoft had also told the it is Microsoft's responsibility as well).

How can our customer cancel their subscription to our office addin?

Regards
    Andrew Wigmore

(I tried to log this via tech support but i received 'Access denied' error when submitting the ticket!)

Saturday, December 2, 2017 2:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Andrew,

Since it is not so appropriate for this thread to be here ,I will move your thread to another forum so that you can get advice about where to post this issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Annie

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 4, 2017 6:13 AM
  • I'd ask for help over here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/home?category=windowsapps

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, December 4, 2017 1:28 PM