CRM Outlook Auto Update "Not Installed" RRS feed

• Question

• Implementing AutoUpdate of CRM Outlook Client worked fine.
    The only issue I have here is on a Vista 64-bit machine, as soon as Outlook is restarted, the auto-update window re-appears saying that the patch is not installed. When I look at the software updates in control panel, I see Update Rollup 7 is listed.

The reg key used for my 64-bit machine is HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\MSCRMClient.

What am i missing?
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 3:21 PM

All replies

• Does this happend to all Vist x64 or only one PC?

Some ideas:

- Remove UR7 and manaully on the Vista x64 PC install UR7 run as adminstrator

If the above doesn't work then I'd perform a complete uninstall of the CRM Outlook Client then then try again

http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm

Friday, November 27, 2009 7:00 PM
  • Frank,

I know your suggestion will work, We've done it in the past. But I need the auto-update to work so that I won't have to set someone running with a usb key all around on the field to update all clients.

Actually, this happens to all Vista desktops (we only use x64) and also one Win7 x86.
    BTW, all users have local admin of their boxes and for my part I am domain admin.

And what's funny is that the UR7 IS installed: When I set the update to be not mandatory and click cancel on the prompt, I can see the version build number is 2138 in the CRM Outlook about box.

Saturday, November 28, 2009 12:44 PM