PC Locking Up RRS feed

• General discussion

• Before I installed Windows Live OneCare, I had no problems with my PC.  After installing it, I could not use my PC for 20 minutes with rebooting because it had locked up.  I called WLOC technical support five times.  They could offer no help.  I finally uninstalled WLOC, and the problems stopped.  Later, technical support called me back from India to tell me they had determined that Microsoft Windows was the problem.  I confirmed that they thought I should be using a version of Windows other than XP Professional.  I then told them I had uninstalled it and the problems had ceased.  They told me that I should not have uninstalled WLOC, rather I should have bought a new version of Windows.  I suggested Bill Gates would not be happy to hear that they had decided that there was a basic technical problem with Windows, especially when Windows worked fine until I installed WLOC and after I had uninstalled it.  He asked me not to tell Bill Gates, as if I could get through to him.  I was not at all impressed with WLOC, especially with the technical support provided from India.  I would suggest domestic support.  If that is too expensive, try the Philippines.  The people there have a little respect for Americans, unlike those in India and Pakistan.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 12:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Mike

Thanks for the feedback and I am sorry you had a bad time with support, it does leave a lot to be desired but they are working on that too.

chuck

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 5:26 PM