none
Nuget Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I have the following project structure:

C:\Projects
    src -> also contains VST .sln file and the directories of all the projects in my solution.
    lib -> should contain nuget packages
    doc

Under folder 'src'  I created a nuget.config file 

<configuration> 
    <config>

<add key="repositoryPath" value="..\lib" />

</config> 
    </configuration> 

I would like having my Nuget packages in the parent 'lib' folder; however the packages are installed in the packages folder (same folder as my solution file) and in package folders of the respective project folders. 
    Any idea what I'm doing wrong? 

Thanks.

• Moved by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, December 10, 2014 9:13 AM Nuget more related
    Tuesday, December 2, 2014 2:21 PM

Answers

• My nuget.config had an addtional .txt that's why nuget didn't install the packages in the folder I wanted.
    • Marked as answer by Guy Dillen Tuesday, December 23, 2014 11:07 AM
    Tuesday, December 23, 2014 11:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Dillen,

By default the Nuget packages are installed in the packages folder in solution/projects directory as you said. For your requirement, I don’t know whether there is a way to accomplish. In order to get better support, I suggest posting your issue on ‘ISSUE’ tab in Nuget support area: http://nuget.codeplex.com/workitem/list/basic because this issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses the usage of Visual Studio IDE such as WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 7:02 AM
  • My nuget.config had an addtional .txt that's why nuget didn't install the packages in the folder I wanted.
    • Marked as answer by Guy Dillen Tuesday, December 23, 2014 11:07 AM
    Tuesday, December 23, 2014 11:07 AM