How to clean up a failed connector install AND fix the chronic connection problems in 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• I've now installed my W7 ultimate 64 bit OS twice, the connector multiple times, removed IPv6, assigned static IPs etc etc and the connector still refuses to connect to the server.

1.   I now have an "incomplete" install that does not show in CP Programs (for removal) and new attempts to install the connector fail giving the error that "cannot connect the computer to the server because either another software installation is in progress or the computer has a restart pending..."

2.  The previous attempts to install that were successful resulted in the computer showing on WHS but the launchpad refusing to connect, no matter what.  Dashboard did connect and shares can be reached.

My understanding is that these are chronic problems with 2011 and in spite of the time the software has been out there is no word from MS on fixes.  Why is this?   Many of us have had to migrate old WHS servers over and cannot go back.   Is MS willing to take liability for lost data due to the inability to backup or reimburse us for having to purchase other solutions?  Or wasted time?

If I sound frustred it's because I am.   2011 is buggy and should never have been released in this condition.  The amount of work many of us have spent trying to get things working is absurd.   Yeah I'm frustrated.

That said, any help would be appreciated. 

Sunday, June 12, 2011 9:05 PM