CRM Dashboard and sharepoint RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi I have created a dashboard using sharepoint 3.0. My CRM and SQL is on Server1 and my sharepoint server is running off Server2 and all users access CRM and Sharepoint off a terminal server session on Server3.

The problem I am having is when Server3 views the sharepoint site (using the same username and password as my administrator login on the CRM server) I cannot access the data from SQL, I tried re-creating a SQL connection in another web part, I enter the SQL server name use windows authentication like my SQL is setup to do, I then get the option to select my CRM instance and then I cannot see the data.

Has anybody expierenced this or have any idea on how I can resolve it.

Thanks

Monday, October 13, 2008 7:33 AM

Answers

•  

Hi Curtis,

Thanks for the reply. Was a bit of a mistake on my side, I had added the site as a trusted site but the trusted site content didn't allow the connection, so changed my security settings and all worked.

Thanks again though for replying.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 8:21 AM

All replies

• I haven't experienced it but try this.   Create a custom entity with a form.  Add an Iframe in the form properties and add a link to the Dashboard in sharepoint.  The token used for the CRM authentication should be carried into the Share Point Dash board session.

Hope that helps.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 4:53 AM
  •  

Hi Curtis,

Thanks for the reply. Was a bit of a mistake on my side, I had added the site as a trusted site but the trusted site content didn't allow the connection, so changed my security settings and all worked.

Thanks again though for replying.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 8:21 AM