New Hard Drive, No More Genuine Windows RRS feed

• Question

• I cloned my previous hard drive (with genuine windows) onto a new one a month or so ago and put it in the same laptop.  Windows has worked fine for the past month, until today when the "This computer is not running genuine windows" box decided to pop up constantly.

Windows is activated fully.

When I follow the instructions it asks me to d/l software that will check my windows.  But installation fails with the error: "Update installation failed.  Error information - 0xC8000247."

Help?  Thanks.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:12 PM

Answers

• Please read the first sticky at the top of the forum

MGA Diagnostic Report:

To properly analyze and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the diagnostic report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once downloaded, run the tool.

Click on the Continue button, after a short time, the Continue button will change to a Copy button.

Click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your post.

Please state the version and edition of windows from your COA. do not state the product key.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:20 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Please read the first sticky at the top of the forum

MGA Diagnostic Report:

To properly analyze and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the diagnostic report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )

Once downloaded, run the tool.

Click on the Continue button, after a short time, the Continue button will change to a Copy button.

Click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your post.

Please state the version and edition of windows from your COA. do not state the product key.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:20 PM
    Answerer
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS

Monday, June 18, 2012 4:29 PM