Problems with OWA on Vista platform RRS feed

• Question

• I can log into the servers I use and view the email messages that have been sent to me. The problem is when I want to send a new message or reply to one I have received. The message body has the graphic that basically states there is no image there. "white box with red X in it". I have another computer same configuration but using XP on that one and the OWA works as it should.

Is there any known problems about this?

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 3:24 AM

All replies

• I'm having exactly the same problem.  I just bought a new laoptop last night with Windows Vista and now when I log into my work email thorugh OWA I can't create, forward, or reply to any messages which makes my new laptop useless for work.  Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Friday, March 16, 2007 12:42 AM
  • I also have the same problem with a new computer with Vista. I have tried playing with the IE security settings and the Pop up blocker but still doesn't make any difference. Every thing works fine with my old computers even my old 386 running Windows 98, so I think this is a possible Vista issue.
    Monday, March 19, 2007 3:34 PM
  • I opened a help ticket with the helpdesk at work and apparently this is a known issue with Vista.  Here's my company's response:

This is a known issue with Microsoft Windows Vista, it is due to limited support of Active X controls. The IT group is aware of the issue and is investigating it. As Windows Vista is not supported yet in our environment it may be some time before everything gets ironed out for home users.
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 1:46 AM
  • I have the same problems with Vista and IE7.

Probe with Firefox v2.0.3 and the issue is fixed.

Regards,

Monday, March 26, 2007 10:19 PM
  • Hi Arthur

Try logging in to OWA in   basic   mode and also tick the private computer box at the log in screen

This worked for me. Most functions are ok and in fact its quicker.

look for the VIEW drop down list to find the Sent To folder etc. or just click on Folders on the left hand list etc.

Monday, March 31, 2008 5:01 PM
  • Hi engigeek

Try logging in to OWA in   basic   mode and also tick the private computer box at the log in screen

look for the VIEW drop down list to find the Sent To folder etc. or just click on Folders on the left hand list etc.

Monday, March 31, 2008 5:02 PM
  • Hi Robas

Monday, March 31, 2008 5:03 PM