none
Question about Linux machine protection RRS feed

• Question

• To whom it may concern,

Hi and thank you for reading this email. I am trying to protect a Linux machine but the Installing Mobility Service and preparing target step always fails with error:

• ERROR ID
    • ERROR MESSAGE
      The requested operation did not complete.
    • PROVIDER ERROR
      Provider error code: 95118 Provider error message: Protection could not be enabled. Provider error possible causes: Push installation of the mobility service to the source machine 192.168.14.35 failed with error code EP0866. Either the source machine is not running, or there are network connectivity issues between the process server WIN-OOJ93FRL34S (192.168.14.30) and the source machine. Provider error recommended action: Ensure the source machine 192.168.14.35 is accessible from the process server WIN-OOJ93FRL34S (192.168.14.30). In addition, the following is needed for push installation to complete successfully: 1. Root credentials should be provided. 2. SSH and SFTP services should be running. 3. /etc/hosts on the source machine must contain entries for all IP addresses of the the source machine. 4. Ensure the the source machine Linux variant is supported. Disable protection and retry the operation after ensuring that all prerequisites for push installation of the mobility service are complete. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=525131 for push installation guidance.
    • POSSIBLE CAUSES
      Check the provider error for more details.
    • RECOMMENDATION
      Resolve the issue as recommended in the provider error details.

When I was choosing account, i dont know if i need to choose the account for vCenter or the one i created for Linux which the user name is "root" and the password is for login to root.

Maybe the question is hard to understand, please contact me if more information is needed.

Thank you very much,

Sharon.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016 11:14 PM

Answers

All replies