none
Windowsbase.pdb missing after upgrade to 10041 so VC2013Debug NOT working

Question

• Press in PF11 or PF10 after a debug execution is halted with a Pf9 induced breakpoint on a line of C# code(VC2013 Community edition) always fails with the above error.

This started immediately after windows 10 was upgraded from 9926 to 10041.

I have rebooted my PC back to Windows 8.1 (dual boot) and there is no problem.

Thursday, March 26, 2015 1:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Please post this question in the Windows 10 Insiders forums as it appears to be an issue with Windows 10 and not VS.
    Thursday, March 26, 2015 3:50 PM
  • Hi David,

My suggestion is uninstall the KB setup file to see whether this issue still exists.

It may have a conflict file with VC2013.

Thank you for visiting the MSDN forum. I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum about this issue, since

this forum is to discuss Visual C#. I am moving your question to the moderator forum

("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum. Thanks

for your understanding.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 27, 2015 8:16 AM
  • I did post it there first. BUT THEY DID NOT WANT TO KNOW

Hello David-Business User, 

Your question on Microsoft Community has received a reply from Geethu B.

Hi David,

Issues related to Visual Studio are supported in MSDN Forums. Please post the query in the following link.
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=vcgeneral

Hope this information helps.

I suggest Microsoft gets its Act together.

In the meantime it is impossible to use VS2013 Community C# on the latest Windows 10041 as Debug does not work

Please FIX ASAP!

Friday, March 27, 2015 9:58 AM
  • I'd probably use the feedback app to report this.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-updates-feedback-pc

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, March 27, 2015 1:10 PM