Missing Add Existing Button Missing on one half of N:N relationship RRS feed

• Question

• I have a custom entity called company that I have a many to many relationship with contacts.

If I go into a company record I can add existing contacts to the relationship.

When I go into contacts i don't have the Add existing option on the ribbon.

I had a Many to one relationship in place before I added the many to many.

I have searched for almost a week and have not found an answer to my situation.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:37 PM

Answers

• Solved

As it turns out I was looking at this the wrong way around. My issue was not on the contact but on the custom entity Company. That entity had the Sub Grid Add Existing Assoc. button hidden. I was thinking that the sub grid ribbon for the contact was at fault. In CRM the sub grid ribbon is not how sub grid appear on that entity but instead control behaviour for this entity when it appears on a sub grid in another entity.

Thanks to those who offered assistance.

• Marked as answer by bbuchanan Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:54 PM
    Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:54 PM

All replies

• Can you check if you have 'Write' privilege on Contact? If yes, check if the ribbon customization has been modified.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Thursday, October 10, 2013 11:05 PM
  • Contacts are the main crux of our organization and everyone has write access to them. I myself am an admin and have full access to everything.

The Sub Grid ribbon has not been modified in anyway. I double checked the settings on both entities and they are both the same.

I'm wondering about the fact that I had a many to one relationship before if that had anything to do with it.

Friday, October 11, 2013 1:02 PM
  • Its an odd behavior. I'm not sure if the earlier relationship is causing any problem as you would get different views with multiple relationships in place. Have you changed the display (hidden) of the earlier relationship or deleted it?If you have deleted it then there shouldn't be any issue. If you have hidden it to save some data then you can try deleting it in a test environment and then check. Assume that the display in the n:n relationship is set.

Can you create a n:n relationship with some other test entity and contact and check if that works fine? (in a test environment)

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Friday, October 11, 2013 3:29 PM
  • Solved

As it turns out I was looking at this the wrong way around. My issue was not on the contact but on the custom entity Company. That entity had the Sub Grid Add Existing Assoc. button hidden. I was thinking that the sub grid ribbon for the contact was at fault. In CRM the sub grid ribbon is not how sub grid appear on that entity but instead control behaviour for this entity when it appears on a sub grid in another entity.

Thanks to those who offered assistance.

• Marked as answer by bbuchanan Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:54 PM
    Wednesday, October 16, 2013 12:54 PM