SyncFX 3.0? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any word out there yet on the topic of SyncFX 3.0? I'm working on a POC for a pretty long tailed project so any clue on what's to come would be a great.

Thanks

* Note: I have no formal CS education, so take all advice with caution :)
    Friday, March 19, 2010 1:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• according to this post, its around end 2010... http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/syncdevdiscussions/thread/14d3dbb6-7441-4a26-9907-95e478649436

if you watch the MIX 2010 session, http://live.visitmix.com/MIX10/Sessions/SVC10, it seems there's v2.1(Azure related) in 1H 2010 and v3.0 wave (Silverlight support, VS tooling, sync protocol) in H2 2010/H1 2011

Friday, March 19, 2010 3:37 PM
  • Thanks, hopefully in a few months more will come out. Will watch the mix session when I get home tonight.

Thanks

Friday, March 19, 2010 3:45 PM
  • the MIX session talks about CTP by invite only in the coming months.
    Friday, March 19, 2010 3:56 PM
  • Were there any features in particular that you are waiting for in V3?

Thanks, Mark

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 3:51 PM
  • Any features in particular that you are hoping to see in V3?

Thanks, Mark

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 3:53 PM
  • I would love to see peer-to-peer sync of mobile devices and laptops (CE on mobile, express on laptops).  I would also like offline sync for silverlight.
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 5:44 PM
  • Not really very specific but the stumbling points for me were:

- Not having an out of the box provider for sql 2008 using change tracking for both offline and collaboration (and a good fix for the problem where if there are records in the table before cc is turned on they are all treated as one version and also there is a similiar problem where if you insert records in a batch then sql cc gives them all one version and thus the batching gets overloaded)

- Transaction per batch in collaboration

And a tall order - do away with offline and collaboration and have just one mode where all providers have knowledge optional and the SyncOrchestrator must have at least one provider with knowledge.

Friday, March 26, 2010 3:03 PM
  • not sure which link you're referring to, but i just checked both links and theyre both fine.
    Monday, September 27, 2010 3:29 PM