Either a required impersonation level was not provided, or the provided impersonation level is invalid RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am doing a redeploy of a CRM 2011 enviroment to a new server. I have installed CRM 2011, languagepack, restored database on SQL Server and imported the organization in Deployment manager.

However when Im trying to open CRM in explorer I get the following error. I figure its some kind of security issue?

Server Error in '/' Application.

Either a required impersonation level was not provided, or the provided impersonation level is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070542)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Either a required impersonation level was not provided, or the provided impersonation level is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070542)

Source Error:
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:
    [COMException (0x80070542): Either a required impersonation level was not provided, or the provided impersonation level is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070542)]

[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Xaml.Hosting, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Either a required impersonation level was not provided, or the provided impersonation level is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070542)]
       System.ServiceModel.BuildProviderInfo.EnsureInitialized() +0
       System.ServiceModel.ExtensionHelper.GetServiceType(String extension) +65
       System.ServiceModel.Activation.HttpModule.ProcessRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +201
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +80
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +270

Friday, May 30, 2014 2:54 PM

All replies

• I know this is bit late. But if anyone who is having the same issue and struggling with a solution, You need to make sure all your CRM Service accounts are in the security group local administrators of the CRM Server. Namely following CRM Service accounts.

• CRM Application Service
    • CRM Deployment Service
    • CRM Asynchronous Service
    • CRM Sandbox Service
    • CRM Discovery Service
    • CRM VSS Writer Service
    • CRM Monitoring Service
    • Edited by Isuru Hewage Monday, February 23, 2015 3:55 AM Better Formatting
    • Proposed as answer by Isuru Hewage Monday, February 23, 2015 3:55 AM
    Monday, February 23, 2015 3:54 AM
  • Thank you mate!!!
    Monday, April 24, 2017 7:44 AM