Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file locaion exists and is writable. RRS feed

• Question

• I am running windows 7 and had to reinstall because of gradual problems till finally it would not start. I am reinstalling my programs, I still use MS Money 2001 and am having problems installing it. I have had to set permissions on severial folders to acess them, but I don't know where this one is that the error message refers to.

Could somone point me in the right direction? Money was running on windows 7 after I up graded from Vista.

Regards,
    Jonathan C

Monday, October 18, 2010 3:16 PM

All replies

• Make sure that your *.mny and *.mbf files are not within the ProgramFiles folder. Instead move them to a place that you have full writablity for, such as within your Documents folder. Similarly, make sure the locations for the scheduled and upon-exit backups in Tools->Options->Backup are to places that exist in the new machine.

You may want to consider upgrading to Money Plus Deluxe Sunset. That would take some special actions that may not be available to you after January.

Monday, October 18, 2010 7:43 PM