Issue with separate domain trust relationship deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Can CRM be setup in a 2 domain model (separate forests) with a 2-way trust relationship between domains?

Our production domain "A" contains our CRM implementation. Our development domain "B" contains Exchange 2003. I have deployed the CRM-Exchange E-mail Router to the Exchange server, the service is configured to use the Router mailbox account (held in domain B). I have deployed the CRM rule to my test mailbox (held on domain B), this account is also setup as a user on CRM.

Problem: When I logon to CRM using my test account (domain b\testacc) and click on "Contacts" to create a new email I receive the error message "An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator"

I can verify that the test user has been added automatically to the "ReportingGroup" and "UserGroup" in domain A.

I have assigned CRM role of "System Administrator" to the test account.

Fundamental question is, does CRM work in a 2-domain model with trust relationship between domains?

Can anyone shed any light on this?

thanks in advance for your help

Scott

Thursday, July 5, 2007 12:51 PM

Answers

• 1. When you installed CRM on domain A, have you setup the SMTP details?
    2. After install Exchange Email Router on domain B, have you deploy the user mailbox roles for domain A users?
    Friday, July 6, 2007 10:25 AM