post your answers friends?

Wednesday, March 7, 2007 1:54 PM

Answers

•  Anandakumar wrote:
    friends

processors worlds are ruled  by intel and amd

but which one is best

Well i have been using AMD processor for quiet long now and i dont have any problems with them....

for more details u can check out this CNET site

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7-6389077-1.html 

and another reputed hardware tester site is

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/06/03/dual_core_stress_test/index.html

visit these sites and u will get all the info u want....

If u find my reply good pls mark it as an answer.

Thursday, March 8, 2007 5:13 AM
  • well amd is better and more cost efficient than the intel processors
    Friday, March 9, 2007 10:16 AM
  • no friend for the desktop pc only intel doing well

but amd is all over

the main problem of the amd is processors noise

Friday, March 9, 2007 2:41 PM
  • of course prasanna the amd is a cheeper one
    Friday, March 9, 2007 2:42 PM
  • thanx for your information friend. its very useful for me
    Friday, March 9, 2007 2:43 PM
  • no way man intel has reached its saturation point... u know the reason behind introducing dual core and core 2 duoi.. its cos they cant find a solution to improve the clock speed more cos of heating problems... in this regard amd is far better
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 5:46 AM
  • as i hav used both processor's i think intel is the best....i feel very confortable with intel....
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 7:20 AM
  • no friend.. i use intel and my friend uses amd... definitely amd is better
    Monday, March 12, 2007 11:30 AM
  • friends the amd is best in all fields.

but intel only good in the desktop pcs

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 8:46 AM
  • come on friends,m come up with many answers!!!!
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 10:15 AM
  • i ve said many times amd is the best
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 1:19 PM
  • K FRIEND, I AGREE WITH YOU
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 1:29 PM
  • come on friends. come up with suggestions
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 12:43 PM
  • if it amd then games will be much more better...
    intel for all normal applications...
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 1:19 PM
  • but Intel is not very suitable  for games>>>>>>
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 1:24 PM
  • no friend the amd is suitable for large scale applications also
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 1:27 PM
  • i dont think so friend
    Friday, March 16, 2007 6:26 AM
  • the intel is keep on releasing new and new processor...

the 2 core due was released and the 80 core also invented ...

i think they just make profit by releasing one by one....
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:25 AM
  • you are telling that AMD having some noise ...

but my friend  having  amd only he never told anything like this....

are faced problem like this....???
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:28 AM
  • really AMD is more way similar to intel...

but some feature are not available in AMD and vice versa
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:30 AM
  • ya really what prasanna told is correct...

the cost is very less compared to intel///
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:32 AM
  • you can not simply say like intel is best....

you should know the value of AMD during gaming ....

it may differ to place and work....
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:36 AM
  • the amd also releasing the new ones, due to no popularity we did not considering the amd
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:39 AM
  • in the f1 also they are using the amd processors for controling purposes.

think about that high temperature and nosice envirnments.

there itself the amd working very good

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:42 AM
  • you are telling f1 race using amd....

its nice to hear ...

can you give more details...???
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:44 AM
  • thanks 4 the info on intel and amd....
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 3:27 PM
  • ya thats wright , AMD was released dual core ,, but it not getting popular...

is any body know the reason???
    Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:16 PM
  • well slowly and steadily amd is gaining popularity.. because of the low cost and efficient perfomance of its processors
    Saturday, March 24, 2007 8:03 AM
  • hi..

how they able sell processor with low cost and good performance????

Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:26 AM
  • many technical things about AMD are available in their own website .. i was visited that one and the technology they were told was very predy one...
    Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:28 AM
  • this is new from intel>>>>

Multiply your performance, energy-efficiency, and reliability with Intel® Quad-Core and Dual-Core technologies. Intel's latest server processors decrease your total cost of ownership with lower power consumption, increased uptime, and a reduced footprint without sacrificing the record-breaking performance you expect from Intel.

Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:30 AM
  • Quad-Core Intel® Xeon® processor 5300 series

Experience up to 50 percent greater performance than industry-leading Dual-Core Xeon processor in the same power envelope¹ and up to 150 percent greater performance than the competition² with Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor 5300 series. Translating into greater performance with less cooling challenges, these servers enable you to run more applications with a smaller footprint, giving you revolutionary ways to achieve more with less.
    Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:31 AM
  • Low Voltage
    New low voltage Quad-Core Intel® Xeon® processor 5300 Series set a new standard in energy efficient performance
    (PDF 535KB)
    (PDF 4.23MB)
    Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:32 AM
  • Hyper-Threading Technology
    Enterprise, e-Business, and gaming software applications continue to put higher demands on processors. To improve performance in the past, threading was enabled in the software by splitting instructions into multiple streams so that multiple processors could act upon them. Hyper-Threading Technology (HT Technology)† provides thread-level parallelism on each processor, resulting in more efficient use of processor resources, higher processing throughput, and improved performance on today's multithreaded software. The combination of an Intel® processor and chipset that support HT Technology, an operating system that includes optimizations for HT Technology, and a BIOS that supports HT Technology and has it enabled, delivers increased system performance and responsiveness.
  • Silicon

For over 30 years, Intel has been a leader in silicon technology, steadily doubling transistor counts to the beat of Moore's Law, consistently advancing logic processes for higher processor speeds and performance, and researching new materials and transistor architectures. Our history of innovation continues today, with new breakthroughs that are enabling new usage models and new business opportunities.

• best for game>>>>
    Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:33 AM
  • The world's ultimate processor for PC enthusiasts
    Featuring AMD’s most advanced processor technology, the AMD Athlon™ 64 FX processor is designed specifically for PC enthusiasts. Powering the AMD Quad FX platform with Dual Socket Direct Connect Architecture, AMD Athlon 64 FX processors enable enthusiasts to immerse themselves in their digital world. They can play games at a level previously only reserved for the world of simulations, create and manipulate digital media like a pro, and explore the possibilities of megatasking. The AMD Athlon 64 FX processor brings the next generation of digital media and games to life.
  • AMD Athlon™ 64 FX Processor and AMD Quad FX Platform Overview
    Featuring AMD’s most advanced processor technology, AMD Athlon™ 64 FX processors are designed specifically for PC enthusiasts. AMD Athlon™ 64 FX processors enable enthusiasts to immerse themselves in their digital world. They can play games at a level previously only reserved for the world of simulations, create and manipulate digital media like a pro, and explore the possibilities of megatasking – running multiple demanding applications at once. The AMD Athlon™ 64 FX processor brings the next generation of digital media and games to life.
    Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:35 AM
  • Intel Core microarchitecture includes new and innovative features enabling these new levels of performance, performance per watt and energy efficiency. Key features include:
    • Intel® Wide Dynamic Execution
    • Intel® Intelligent Power Capability
    • Intel® Advanced Smart Cache
    • Intel® Smart Memory Access
    • Intel® Advanced Digital Media Boost
    Intel® Wide Dynamic Execution
    Dynamic execution is a combination of techniques (data flow analysis, speculative execution, out of order execution, and super scalar) that Intel first implemented in the P6 microarchitecture used in the Pentium® Pro processor, Pentium® II processor and Pentium® III processors.

Now with Intel Core microarchitecture, Intel significantly enhances this capability with Intel®Wide Dynamic Execution. It enables delivery of more instructions per clock cycle to improve execution time and energy efficiency. Every execution core is 33 percent wider than previous generations, allowing each core to fetch, dispatch, execute and retire up to four full instructions simultaneously.
    Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:37 AM
  • Feature Overview
    Dual Socket Direct Connect (DSDC) Architecture powers the ultimate platform for the megatasking enthusiast
    • DSDC Architecture is AMD’s exclusive high-bandwidth interconnect for two multi-core processors
    • Designed to perform with multi-threaded software
    • Integrated memory controller designed to reduce memory access latencies
    • Runs today’s 32- and 64-bit software with leading-edge performance
    HyperTransport™ technology
    • Helps provide increased overall system performance with up to a 2000MHz system bus
    AMD Virtualization™ (AMD-V™)
    • Chip-based virtualization technology that helps virtualization software run more efficiently and securely
    Enhanced Virus Protection*
    • Helps protect against certain viruses, worms, and other malicious attacks
    Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:38 AM
  • we are not aware of it friend
    Friday, March 30, 2007 5:40 AM
  • i dont know friend
    Friday, March 30, 2007 5:41 AM
  • cool cool friend. the amd is the best one.

i acceept

Friday, March 30, 2007 5:43 AM
  • amazing points friend,

Friday, March 30, 2007 5:45 AM
  • MD (NYSE: AMD) is the customer-centric innovation company, a processing powerhouse that offers smarter choices for its customers and makes technology more accessible to the world. AMD is focused on best meeting the needs of leading computing, wireless and consumer electronics companies to help them deliver high-performance, energy-efficient and visually realistic solutions.
    Thursday, May 3, 2007 4:54 AM
  • the intel is first and best company untill now...
    NASDAQ: INTC; SEHK: 4335) is the world's largest semiconductor company and the inventor of the x86 series of microprocessors, the processors found in many personal computers. Founded in 1968 as Integrated Electronics Corporation and based in Santa Clara, California, USA, Intel also makes motherboard chipsets, network cards and ICs, flash memory, graphic chips, embedded processors, and other devices related to communications and computing.
    how is it...
    Tuesday, May 8, 2007 10:49 AM
  • Intel was an early developer of SRAM and DRAM memory chips, and this represented the majority of its business until the early 1980s. While Intel created the first commercial microprocessor chip in 1971, it was not until the creation of the personal computer (PC) that this became their primary business. During the 1990s, Intel invested heavily in new microprocessor designs and in fostering the rapid growth of the PC industry. During this period Intel became the de facto monopoly supplier of microprocessors for PCs, and was known for aggressive tactics in defense of its market position, as well as a struggle with Microsoft for control over the direction of the PC industry.
  • By the early 2000s, Microsoft had passed Intel in power in the PC industry, and competitors had emerged in the advanced microprocessor market. Intel's November 2006 stock market capitalization was less than one-quarter of its 2000 high, and only 40% of Microsoft's.
    Tuesday, May 8, 2007 10:50 AM
  • The company's first products were random-access memory integrated circuits, and Intel grew to be a leader in the fiercely competitive DRAM, SRAM, and ROM markets throughout the 1970s. Concurrently, Intel engineers Marcian Hoff, Federico Faggin, Stanley Mazor and Masatoshi Shima invented the first microprocessor. Originally developed for the Japanese company Busicom to replace a number of ASICs in a calculator already produced by Busicom, the Intel 4004 was introduced to the mass market on November 15, 1971, though the microprocessor did not become the core of Intel's business until the mid-1980s
    Tuesday, May 8, 2007 10:53 AM
  • Intel, x86 processors, and the IBM PC

Despite the ultimate importance of the microprocessor, the 4004 and its successors the 8008 and the 8080 were never major revenue contributors at Intel. As the next processor, the 8086 (and its variant the 8088) was completed in 1978, Intel embarked on a major marketing and sales campaign for that chip nicknamed "Operation Crush", and intended to win as many customers for the processor as possible. One design win was the newly-created IBM PC division, though the importance of this was not fully realized at the time.

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 10:55 AM
  • 386 microprocessor

During this period Andy Grove dramatically redirected the company, closing much of its DRAM business and directing resources to the microprocessor business. Of perhaps more importance was his decision to "single-source" the 386 microprocessor. Prior to this, microprocessor manufacturing was in its infancy, and manufacturing problems frequently reduced or stopped production, interrupting supplies to customers. To mitigate this risk, these customers typically insisted that multiple manufacturers produce chips they would use to ensure a consistent supply. The 8080 and 8086-series microprocessor were produced by several companies, notably Zilog and AMD. Grove made the decision not to license the 386 design to other manufacturers, instead producing it in three geographically-distinct factories in Santa Clara (CA), Hillsboro (OR), and Phoenix (AZ), and convincing customers that this would ensure consistent delivery. As the success of Compaq's Deskpro 386 established the 386 as the dominant CPU choice, Intel achieved a position of near-exclusive dominance as its supplier. Profits from this funded rapid development of both higher-performance chip designs and higher-performance manufacturing capabilities, propelling Intel to a position of unquestioned leadership by the early 1990s.

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 10:56 AM

All replies

• i cant say anything about this topic...bcoz ive always been using intel and never used AMD or anyother processor...im satisfied with intel  so i feel it to be the best...
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 3:41 PM
  •  Anandakumar wrote:
    friends

processors worlds are ruled  by intel and amd

but which one is best

Well i have been using AMD processor for quiet long now and i dont have any problems with them....

for more details u can check out this CNET site

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7-6389077-1.html 

and another reputed hardware tester site is

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/06/03/dual_core_stress_test/index.html

visit these sites and u will get all the info u want....

If u find my reply good pls mark it as an answer.

Thursday, March 8, 2007 5:13 AM
  • so do u mean to say amd is equally good to that of intel...
    Thursday, March 8, 2007 3:54 PM
  • well amd is better and more cost efficient than the intel processors
    Friday, March 9, 2007 10:16 AM
  • no friend for the desktop pc only intel doing well

but amd is all over

the main problem of the amd is processors noise

Friday, March 9, 2007 2:41 PM
  • of course prasanna the amd is a cheeper one
    Friday, March 9, 2007 2:42 PM
  • thanx for your information friend. its very useful for me
    Friday, March 9, 2007 2:43 PM
  • intel is the best not amd
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 10:26 AM
  •  narasiman wrote:
    intel is the best not amd

On what basis can u say this????

what things have made u to come to this conclusion???? Pls specify....

Saturday, March 10, 2007 10:31 AM
  • Itel is good one in my openion
    Saturday, March 10, 2007 9:01 PM
  • no way man intel has reached its saturation point... u know the reason behind introducing dual core and core 2 duoi.. its cos they cant find a solution to improve the clock speed more cos of heating problems... in this regard amd is far better
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 5:46 AM
  • may be..
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 5:59 AM
  • as i hav used both processor's i think intel is the best....i feel very confortable with intel....
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 7:20 AM
  • no friend.. i use intel and my friend uses amd... definitely amd is better
    Monday, March 12, 2007 11:30 AM
  • even one of my friends is using AMD but hes not satisfied with his processor after seeing my systems performance...i feel Intel the best...
    Monday, March 12, 2007 3:15 PM
  • both processors are advantageous in various aspects,,but intel is some what better than amd....
    Monday, March 12, 2007 7:08 PM
  • friends the amd is best in all fields.

but intel only good in the desktop pcs

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 8:46 AM
  • come on friends,m come up with many answers!!!!
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 10:15 AM
  • i ve said many times amd is the best
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 1:19 PM
  • K FRIEND, I AGREE WITH YOU
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 1:29 PM
  • come on friends. come up with suggestions
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 12:43 PM
  • if it amd then games will be much more better...
    intel for all normal applications...
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 1:19 PM
  • but Intel is not very suitable  for games>>>>>>
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 1:24 PM
  • no friend the amd is suitable for large scale applications also
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 1:27 PM
  • intel suitable for all kinds of application...
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 11:44 PM
  • i dont think so friend
    Friday, March 16, 2007 6:26 AM
  • the intel is keep on releasing new and new processor...

the 2 core due was released and the 80 core also invented ...

i think they just make profit by releasing one by one....
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:25 AM
  • you are telling that AMD having some noise ...

but my friend  having  amd only he never told anything like this....

are faced problem like this....???
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:28 AM
  • really AMD is more way similar to intel...

but some feature are not available in AMD and vice versa
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:30 AM
  • ya really what prasanna told is correct...

the cost is very less compared to intel///
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:32 AM
  • you can not simply say like intel is best....

you should know the value of AMD during gaming ....

it may differ to place and work....
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:36 AM
  • the amd also releasing the new ones, due to no popularity we did not considering the amd
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:39 AM
  • in the f1 also they are using the amd processors for controling purposes.

think about that high temperature and nosice envirnments.

there itself the amd working very good

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:42 AM
  • you are telling f1 race using amd....

its nice to hear ...

can you give more details...???
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:44 AM
  • can u pls justify ur point...
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 3:24 PM
  • thanks 4 the info on intel and amd....
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 3:27 PM
  • ya thats wright , AMD was released dual core ,, but it not getting popular...

is any body know the reason???
    Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:16 PM
  • well slowly and steadily amd is gaining popularity.. because of the low cost and efficient perfomance of its processors
    Saturday, March 24, 2007 8:03 AM
  • hi..

how they able sell processor with low cost and good performance????

Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:26 AM
  • many technical things about AMD are available in their own website .. i was visited that one and the technology they were told was very predy one...
    Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:28 AM
  • this is new from intel>>>>

Multiply your performance, energy-efficiency, and reliability with Intel® Quad-Core and Dual-Core technologies. Intel's latest server processors decrease your total cost of ownership with lower power consumption, increased uptime, and a reduced footprint without sacrificing the record-breaking performance you expect from Intel.

Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:30 AM
  • Quad-Core Intel® Xeon® processor 5300 series

Experience up to 50 percent greater performance than industry-leading Dual-Core Xeon processor in the same power envelope¹ and up to 150 percent greater performance than the competition² with Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor 5300 series. Translating into greater performance with less cooling challenges, these servers enable you to run more applications with a smaller footprint, giving you revolutionary ways to achieve more with less.
    Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:31 AM
  • Low Voltage
    New low voltage Quad-Core Intel® Xeon® processor 5300 Series set a new standard in energy efficient performance
    (PDF 535KB)
    (PDF 4.23MB)
  • Hyper-Threading Technology
    Enterprise, e-Business, and gaming software applications continue to put higher demands on processors. To improve performance in the past, threading was enabled in the software by splitting instructions into multiple streams so that multiple processors could act upon them. Hyper-Threading Technology (HT Technology)† provides thread-level parallelism on each processor, resulting in more efficient use of processor resources, higher processing throughput, and improved performance on today's multithreaded software. The combination of an Intel® processor and chipset that support HT Technology, an operating system that includes optimizations for HT Technology, and a BIOS that supports HT Technology and has it enabled, delivers increased system performance and responsiveness.
  • Silicon

For over 30 years, Intel has been a leader in silicon technology, steadily doubling transistor counts to the beat of Moore's Law, consistently advancing logic processes for higher processor speeds and performance, and researching new materials and transistor architectures. Our history of innovation continues today, with new breakthroughs that are enabling new usage models and new business opportunities.

• best for game>>>>
  • The world's ultimate processor for PC enthusiasts
    Featuring AMD’s most advanced processor technology, the AMD Athlon™ 64 FX processor is designed specifically for PC enthusiasts. Powering the AMD Quad FX platform with Dual Socket Direct Connect Architecture, AMD Athlon 64 FX processors enable enthusiasts to immerse themselves in their digital world. They can play games at a level previously only reserved for the world of simulations, create and manipulate digital media like a pro, and explore the possibilities of megatasking. The AMD Athlon 64 FX processor brings the next generation of digital media and games to life.
  • AMD Athlon™ 64 FX Processor and AMD Quad FX Platform Overview
    Featuring AMD’s most advanced processor technology, AMD Athlon™ 64 FX processors are designed specifically for PC enthusiasts. AMD Athlon™ 64 FX processors enable enthusiasts to immerse themselves in their digital world. They can play games at a level previously only reserved for the world of simulations, create and manipulate digital media like a pro, and explore the possibilities of megatasking – running multiple demanding applications at once. The AMD Athlon™ 64 FX processor brings the next generation of digital media and games to life.
    Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:35 AM
  • Intel Core microarchitecture includes new and innovative features enabling these new levels of performance, performance per watt and energy efficiency. Key features include:
    • Intel® Wide Dynamic Execution
    • Intel® Intelligent Power Capability
    • Intel® Advanced Smart Cache
    • Intel® Smart Memory Access
    • Intel® Advanced Digital Media Boost
    Intel® Wide Dynamic Execution
    Dynamic execution is a combination of techniques (data flow analysis, speculative execution, out of order execution, and super scalar) that Intel first implemented in the P6 microarchitecture used in the Pentium® Pro processor, Pentium® II processor and Pentium® III processors.

Now with Intel Core microarchitecture, Intel significantly enhances this capability with Intel®Wide Dynamic Execution. It enables delivery of more instructions per clock cycle to improve execution time and energy efficiency. Every execution core is 33 percent wider than previous generations, allowing each core to fetch, dispatch, execute and retire up to four full instructions simultaneously.
    Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:37 AM
  • Feature Overview
    Dual Socket Direct Connect (DSDC) Architecture powers the ultimate platform for the megatasking enthusiast
    • DSDC Architecture is AMD’s exclusive high-bandwidth interconnect for two multi-core processors
    • Designed to perform with multi-threaded software
    • Integrated memory controller designed to reduce memory access latencies
    • Runs today’s 32- and 64-bit software with leading-edge performance
    HyperTransport™ technology
    • Helps provide increased overall system performance with up to a 2000MHz system bus
    AMD Virtualization™ (AMD-V™)
    • Chip-based virtualization technology that helps virtualization software run more efficiently and securely
    Enhanced Virus Protection*
    • Helps protect against certain viruses, worms, and other malicious attacks
    Sunday, March 25, 2007 10:38 AM
  • Intel is always the best...
    Sunday, March 25, 2007 11:20 AM
  • we are not aware of it friend
    Friday, March 30, 2007 5:40 AM
  • i dont know friend
    Friday, March 30, 2007 5:41 AM
  • cool cool friend. the amd is the best one.

i acceept

Friday, March 30, 2007 5:43 AM
  • amazing points friend,

Friday, March 30, 2007 5:45 AM
  • MD (NYSE: AMD) is the customer-centric innovation company, a processing powerhouse that offers smarter choices for its customers and makes technology more accessible to the world. AMD is focused on best meeting the needs of leading computing, wireless and consumer electronics companies to help them deliver high-performance, energy-efficient and visually realistic solutions.
    Thursday, May 3, 2007 4:54 AM
  • the intel is first and best company untill now...
    NASDAQ: INTC; SEHK: 4335) is the world's largest semiconductor company and the inventor of the x86 series of microprocessors, the processors found in many personal computers. Founded in 1968 as Integrated Electronics Corporation and based in Santa Clara, California, USA, Intel also makes motherboard chipsets, network cards and ICs, flash memory, graphic chips, embedded processors, and other devices related to communications and computing.
    how is it...
  • Intel was an early developer of SRAM and DRAM memory chips, and this represented the majority of its business until the early 1980s. While Intel created the first commercial microprocessor chip in 1971, it was not until the creation of the personal computer (PC) that this became their primary business. During the 1990s, Intel invested heavily in new microprocessor designs and in fostering the rapid growth of the PC industry. During this period Intel became the de facto monopoly supplier of microprocessors for PCs, and was known for aggressive tactics in defense of its market position, as well as a struggle with Microsoft for control over the direction of the PC industry.
  • By the early 2000s, Microsoft had passed Intel in power in the PC industry, and competitors had emerged in the advanced microprocessor market. Intel's November 2006 stock market capitalization was less than one-quarter of its 2000 high, and only 40% of Microsoft's.
    Tuesday, May 8, 2007 10:50 AM
  • The company's first products were random-access memory integrated circuits, and Intel grew to be a leader in the fiercely competitive DRAM, SRAM, and ROM markets throughout the 1970s. Concurrently, Intel engineers Marcian Hoff, Federico Faggin, Stanley Mazor and Masatoshi Shima invented the first microprocessor. Originally developed for the Japanese company Busicom to replace a number of ASICs in a calculator already produced by Busicom, the Intel 4004 was introduced to the mass market on November 15, 1971, though the microprocessor did not become the core of Intel's business until the mid-1980s
    Tuesday, May 8, 2007 10:53 AM
  • From DRAM to microprocessors

In 1983, at the dawn of the personal computer era, Intel's profits came under increased pressure from Japanese memory-chip manufacturers, and then-President Andy Grove drove the company into a focus on microprocessors. Grove described this transition in the book Only the Paranoid Survive. A key element of his plan was the notion, then considered radical, of becoming the single source for successors to the popular 8086 microprocessor.

• Intel, x86 processors, and the IBM PC

Despite the ultimate importance of the microprocessor, the 4004 and its successors the 8008 and the 8080 were never major revenue contributors at Intel. As the next processor, the 8086 (and its variant the 8088) was completed in 1978, Intel embarked on a major marketing and sales campaign for that chip nicknamed "Operation Crush", and intended to win as many customers for the processor as possible. One design win was the newly-created IBM PC division, though the importance of this was not fully realized at the time.

• 386 microprocessor

During this period Andy Grove dramatically redirected the company, closing much of its DRAM business and directing resources to the microprocessor business. Of perhaps more importance was his decision to "single-source" the 386 microprocessor. Prior to this, microprocessor manufacturing was in its infancy, and manufacturing problems frequently reduced or stopped production, interrupting supplies to customers. To mitigate this risk, these customers typically insisted that multiple manufacturers produce chips they would use to ensure a consistent supply. The 8080 and 8086-series microprocessor were produced by several companies, notably Zilog and AMD. Grove made the decision not to license the 386 design to other manufacturers, instead producing it in three geographically-distinct factories in Santa Clara (CA), Hillsboro (OR), and Phoenix (AZ), and convincing customers that this would ensure consistent delivery. As the success of Compaq's Deskpro 386 established the 386 as the dominant CPU choice, Intel achieved a position of near-exclusive dominance as its supplier. Profits from this funded rapid development of both higher-performance chip designs and higher-performance manufacturing capabilities, propelling Intel to a position of unquestioned leadership by the early 1990s.

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 10:56 AM
  • friends

here is some comparision brought between Intel and AMD. this could be informative(i suppose) .

http://rapidshare.com/files/30284582/Intel_and_amd.doc

plz tell, wheather it was useful or not.

Keep sharing the Knowledge

Bye

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 3:29 AM
  • i feel Intel to be the best in most of the aspects...
    Thursday, May 10, 2007 3:25 PM
  • Without a doubt amd is better did you know that the architecture of amd board is much better than that of intel i.e intel is concentrating only on speed while amd is workin on other aspects.If you want to update your processor in amd than you do not require to change mother board.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 7:35 PM
  • i think intel would be better choice, sometimes back i used amd processor had some heating problem with it and though currently i heard this problems do not exists.. then also i prefer intel.. im currently using Intel Dual Core 2.... its cool
    Wednesday, September 19, 2007 7:25 AM
  •  

intel and Amd processor both are goods But Core -dual is very good

i am using 1.86(Core -dual intel)

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 10:28 AM
  • Two years back, i bought a new machine. The computer guy told me Intel has lost glory in market and AMD will rule.So i bought an AMD machine.No problem yet. My friends are with intel duo. Intel duo, according to me is slightly better in some aspects than AMD but a student does not need intel duo. I would recommend AMD for students.

This, I post based only on user experience statistics and not any other technical reason.User experience only counts i think.
    Tuesday, October 2, 2007 12:56 PM
  • My personal favourite has always been AMD. Somecases it gives heating problem, though I never faced it. With the era of multicore core processors I believe Intel is slowly creeping into my favourite list. Intel's dual core processors perform better than AMD's. But in core solo AMD is the undoubted king.

Wednesday, October 3, 2007 6:44 PM
  • i'm very satisfied with Intel's performance,even though i havnt worked much with amd...
    both of them have their advantages over the other..
    Thursday, October 4, 2007 7:22 AM