wga faliure ????? RRS feed

• Question

• have a slight problem
    have a pc running xp has been for years and when you boot this up it comes up with the your software is not genuine screen not to much of a problem as i have a key whats happining is when you click the resolve now windows starts to log on and then logs you off leaving you back at the wga log on screen and so on and on even happens when you try and do the resolve now issue i have few files on this pc that sadly i cant get off it and was wondering if there is a way around this i have as seen from other posts that if you do a repair windows sometimes lets a user back in however this has just left me right back where i started

and yes its a genuine copy and i cant seam to do anything with it

any help is good

thanks
    Sunday, March 22, 2009 9:44 PM

Answers

• Smudge,

Based on your first post it appears Windows XP is non-genuine. The best option @ this point is to perform a complete reinstallation. Also if your computer was built by a major manufacturer please contact their Technical Support and seek guidance. If your system was built by a local shop please contact them and see if you still have technical support available.

Thank you,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, March 24, 2009 4:47 PM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 4:46 PM

All replies

• Hello smudge6441,

Does the system let you click the Copy button on the mgadiag utility?  If so, post the results here so we can check them out.
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Monday, March 23, 2009 2:54 PM
  • the system wont let me in at all if you try and log in it just logs you off right away i know wga is not ment to stop you from using the pc but im sure its the cause of it and it wont let you resolve now which is a problem and all i need is a few files but as times be this pc is old and i cant even add a hdd as i have no spares in ide
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 2:13 PM
  • Hi smudge6441,

WGA is not the cause of your logon-logoff issue.

Have a look at this thread for a solution:  http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Windows-XP-Logs-Then-Immediately-Logs-Off-t15771.html

Good Luck!
    For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:04 PM
  • Smudge,

Based on your first post it appears Windows XP is non-genuine. The best option @ this point is to perform a complete reinstallation. Also if your computer was built by a major manufacturer please contact their Technical Support and seek guidance. If your system was built by a local shop please contact them and see if you still have technical support available.

Thank you,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Tuesday, March 24, 2009 4:47 PM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 4:46 PM