Cant return OpportunityID in an advanced find? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi There -

I'm trying to create an advanced find that returns an OpportunityID as a column, but I don't see the column available for selection.  I can filter on it to return opps that contain data for that column, but i'm unable to see the data.

I confirmed that the field is "searchable" under customizations. Is this a system limitation? Is there anyway to expose the OppId via advanced find?

Thanks!

Monday, August 25, 2014 4:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Alip,

Yes the primary key will not be available from GUI as a column - instead you could use the actual lookup, like the picture or add the lookup as a column. If you export the result to excel, you can see a hidden column with the GUID that you could use to import modified data back into the system.

Regards,

Jithesh

• Marked as answer by Alip85 Tuesday, August 26, 2014 2:56 PM
    Tuesday, August 26, 2014 2:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Alip,

Yes the primary key will not be available from GUI as a column - instead you could use the actual lookup, like the picture or add the lookup as a column. If you export the result to excel, you can see a hidden column with the GUID that you could use to import modified data back into the system.

Regards,

Jithesh

• Marked as answer by Alip85 Tuesday, August 26, 2014 2:56 PM
    Tuesday, August 26, 2014 2:27 AM
  • Thank you Jitesh - Exporting the spreadsheet for re-import then exposing column A will work as a great workaround.
    Tuesday, August 26, 2014 2:57 PM