Backup process RRS feed

• Question

• hi people,

can someone help me on this things,I have installed CRM server 2011 on customer server, now I want to know if I can do the following when something like system crash occur, I want to know if I can do,

1.Back up of the customer data model/structure - those settings I have done so that I cant do it again if something happens and having it in my system in my office and not at customer place

2.Backup of the customer database in my office

3.Report template which I have developed so that when something happen I can easily restore instead of doing them again

claushizo
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:00 AM

Answers

• Hi

You need to take care the database "organizationname_MSCRM"  on SQL server

All your seetings and 3 points will be taken care if you take care above database and report server database

There are 2 ways,

Simple way:

Take a reguler full backup of this database using SQL jobs and put on External harddrive or Tap and get it on your office.

Complex solution:

if you have VPN (or Same network) with your office server and your client office server then you can configure mirroring on SQL server. so regulerly same copy of database will be maintained on your server at your office. you can also configure end points to dump data from your client's office to your office server.

May be SQL SErver DBA can give you exact solution, you need to just tell him the database name. 

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer". Many Thanks -Bhautik Desai xRM Technologies
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 10:34 AM
  • hi claushizo

Adding to the above note

There is  few  more database which you need to consider backing up is

• The MSCRM_CONFIG database and if you have reports then Reporting server also need to be backedup

Please find a good article who to bac

http://www.lebmscrm.com/2011/06/crm-2011-basic-database-maintenance.html

Also there is a guide by microsoft

http://www.sonomapartners.com/Documents/CRM/MicrosoftDynamicsCRM2011-ImplementationGuide-Maintaining.pdf

hth

dkay

If the problem is resolved, we would appreciate a post explaining the resolution and mark the post answered and close the thread.

• Edited by D kay Wednesday, January 18, 2012 2:39 PM
  • Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Monday, January 30, 2012 12:57 PM
Wednesday, January 18, 2012 2:36 PM

All replies

• Hi

You need to take care the database "organizationname_MSCRM"  on SQL server

All your seetings and 3 points will be taken care if you take care above database and report server database

There are 2 ways,

Simple way:

Take a reguler full backup of this database using SQL jobs and put on External harddrive or Tap and get it on your office.

Complex solution:

if you have VPN (or Same network) with your office server and your client office server then you can configure mirroring on SQL server. so regulerly same copy of database will be maintained on your server at your office. you can also configure end points to dump data from your client's office to your office server.

May be SQL SErver DBA can give you exact solution, you need to just tell him the database name. 

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer". Many Thanks -Bhautik Desai xRM Technologies
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 10:34 AM
  • hi claushizo

Adding to the above note

There is  few  more database which you need to consider backing up is

• The MSCRM_CONFIG database and if you have reports then Reporting server also need to be backedup

Please find a good article who to bac

http://www.lebmscrm.com/2011/06/crm-2011-basic-database-maintenance.html

Also there is a guide by microsoft

http://www.sonomapartners.com/Documents/CRM/MicrosoftDynamicsCRM2011-ImplementationGuide-Maintaining.pdf

hth

dkay

If the problem is resolved, we would appreciate a post explaining the resolution and mark the post answered and close the thread.

• Edited by D kay Wednesday, January 18, 2012 2:39 PM
  • Marked as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Monday, January 30, 2012 12:57 PM
Wednesday, January 18, 2012 2:36 PM