Backup never finishes RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have been running WHS RC1 for the last 7-8 days. And everyday I come to my main desktop to find that the Windows Connector says "Backup in progress (99% done)". On the server, it says that the backup is complete. But my other systems around the house never get backed up since somewhere it thinks it's not done.

My main desktop is running Vista Ultimate.

Anyone else run into a similar issue?

Any ideas what I can do to troubleshoot this?

Friday, September 21, 2007 1:46 PM

Answers

• It seems like un-installing the connector, removing the computer from WHS and adding the backup configuration all over again has fixed my problem.
    Monday, September 24, 2007 1:42 PM

All replies

• Yeh Ive seen this issue too.  Whenever my media centre is backed up, the msg comes up 99% done, and never finishes.  The icon stays blue.  Unless I restart Connector or the machine, no more backups occur after this.  It does appear that the backup does complete (on the server it appears complete) just that the client is doing something weird.

Andrew
    Saturday, September 22, 2007 2:18 AM
  • It seems like the situation has worsened.

I did a "chkdsk /r"on my offending machine (per a suggestion in another post) and now my desktop machine will show "Backup in progress (0% done)".

I am going to clean out all my backups for this machine and try from scratch.
    Saturday, September 22, 2007 4:49 PM
  • It seems like un-installing the connector, removing the computer from WHS and adding the backup configuration all over again has fixed my problem.
    Monday, September 24, 2007 1:42 PM