network error from DVD install RRS feed

• Question

•  

I purchased live one care due to my 90 norton expired and wanted the best software to run with vista home prem, which staples recommended. but, after purchase, i popped the dvd into my pc and it gives me "cannot install due to network error" and code is not listed on your site. and while online (dialup) i happened to open and close drive and the thing will install one care, but after DL updates says it will take up to 2 hrs for dialup.

Why would i need to be online if i purchased software dvd for this prog to install? and...is the network error caused by my ISP connection settings?

i spent alot of time looking for answers on onecare site.

Friday, April 18, 2008 2:46 AM

Answers

• The OneCare CD contains the installer, which is an online process after some initial parts of the installer run and install some basic components. It needs to be online to download and install the latest version. The CD is pretty much out of date as the program is regularly updated, hence the online installation process.

Once you have installed, you will subscribe/activate from within OneCare and you need to select the option to use a retail Product Key/PIN or token found inside the package.

-steve

Friday, April 18, 2008 4:34 AM