none
IMPORT WIZARD RRS feed

• Question

• What is the purpose of the import wizard and how is it used? Can I prepare a list of pushpin coordinates in Excel, Access, or text files that can be imported as pushpins? How?
    Monday, July 9, 2012 8:57 PM

All replies

• Yes :-)

I have more experience with the MapPoint side of things, but you can feed it data with coordinates (the most reliable assuming they're entered correctly), street addresses, or even areas (eg. zipcodes, counties, states), and import them as pushpins. MapPoint also has other data types such as shaded area maps.The Wizard will lead you through it step by step.

You don't say if you are using MapPoint or Streets & Trips, but I've written it up from a MapPoint point of view here:

http://www.mapping-tools.com/howto/plotting-data/importing-data-from-microsoft-excel/

The other neighboring articles describe things like Access and different map types. If you are using MapPoint, I would recommend you play around with the demographic data first. This will give you an idea of the types of maps and data that it can plot, even if it doesn't explain the data format.

Richard Marsden
    MapPoint Add-ins at Mapping-Tools.com

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 12:18 PM