Importing photos RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to import products with photos of each product  to CRM. Is it possible? I know that there is a way to import notes files but I want to batch upload photos to image field on product entity.

Thanks in advance for response,

Marcin

Thursday, May 15, 2014 10:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Did you check the SDK? There is a good sample in it which introduces a console to batch import the attachments or notes.

Iranian Dynamics CRM Association | انجمن متخصصان ایرانی

Friday, May 16, 2014 8:08 AM
  • Yes. The Schema name is EntityImage, and you can use the API to load images. However, it's not generally included in Retrieve or RetrieveMultiple requests due to size potential. You have to explicitly ask for it. (may not be relevant to you since you're posting, not pulling, but just to be sure)

Look in the CRM 2013 SDK help file under "Introduction to Entities in Microsoft Dynamics CRM" for details on entity images and links to code that should get you started.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Friday, May 16, 2014 1:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you check the SDK? There is a good sample in it which introduces a console to batch import the attachments or notes.

Iranian Dynamics CRM Association | انجمن متخصصان ایرانی

Friday, May 16, 2014 8:08 AM
  • Yes. The Schema name is EntityImage, and you can use the API to load images. However, it's not generally included in Retrieve or RetrieveMultiple requests due to size potential. You have to explicitly ask for it. (may not be relevant to you since you're posting, not pulling, but just to be sure)

Look in the CRM 2013 SDK help file under "Introduction to Entities in Microsoft Dynamics CRM" for details on entity images and links to code that should get you started.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Friday, May 16, 2014 1:26 PM