none
Why did microsoft discontinue Streets & Trips which compliments Surface Pro 3 Mobile device I don't get it RRS feed

• Question

• Why did Microsoft discontinue Streets & Trips?

They created a Surface mobile device and discontinued Streets & Trips which compliments each other.  I don't get it. Uh lets manufacture a mobile device and uhmm discontinue Streets and Trips so the mobile device users won't find their way around :P.  What a funny concept.

The market niche it captures boggles the mind.  Traveling Sales people, Seminar going people, RV users, Trucking industry, Vacationing people, city planners, the list goes on and on.  What gives?

Did I mention military? or Political security trip planners?
    • Edited by JT4392 Sunday, February 15, 2015 9:40 PM
    Sunday, February 15, 2015 9:18 PM

All replies

• MS should have sold the software to Garmin.   Garmin has map planning software that totally sucks.  Streets and Trips is sorely missed.

Monday, April 20, 2015 1:09 AM
  • I totally agree with you.
    Friday, April 24, 2015 1:19 AM
  • I agree with you.    This would be an interesting idea. I would like to see a version of a Garmin that uses S&T. The models they make have such a low detail level I hate using them. What bugs me is most people are ok with using a crap product just because it works and the manufacturers met their sales numbers. The manufacturers have no incentive to improve.
    Friday, April 24, 2015 1:23 AM
  • I totally agree!  They say to use Bing Maps instead. Are they kidding?  There is NO product on the market that even comes close to having the functionality of S & T.  What a loss!
    Monday, June 8, 2015 10:54 PM
  • The biggest laugh is that the 'new improved' devices with cellular phone claim to do GPS. Really? Try that on highway 93 in Nevada!

So I keep a small HP Classmate notebook that I had to buy in Mexico when my Dell crashed. I have Streets and Trips 2013 on it, along with a GPS-500 USB dongle. Works like a hot damn! So I'll keep it for a while.

I used it to track a drive I took in Mexico through back roads where the S&T mapping was lousy. Laid a beautiful track. S&T, though, didn't allow one to add their own road routes, so you couldn't plan a trip along the GPS track. Half-hearted work by Microsoft.

Friday, June 12, 2015 12:27 PM