PWA2010 - Disappearing Resource Drop Down List RRS feed

• Question

• When we try to add resources to a task that is at the bottom of the project schedule within PWA 2010, the drop down list of resource names from the ERP appears above the task line and when the mouse attempts to move up the list of names, the resource list disappears.  However, for those tasks higher up in the schedule, the list of resource names appear below the task line when clicking the drop down button and all is well.  Weird.

Kathy

Tuesday, February 1, 2011 9:41 PM

Answers

• Ok - that jogged my memory.  I had an end user experience the same issue with a calendar pop-up.  The window wouldn't display the full calendar.

Regretfully, I don't know what the solution is, but it seemed to be specific to her machine - i.e. other users didn't seem to have the same issue.  Have you been able to replicate the issue on multiple machines?

Andrew Lavinsky [MVP] Twitter: @alavinsky
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 9:32 PM

All replies

• When that happens, do you have the option to scroll down any further within
    the Webpart?  That's how it works on the PDP pages.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 4:08 AM
  • No, not without adding a lot of blank task rows.
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 8:48 PM
  • Ok - that jogged my memory.  I had an end user experience the same issue with a calendar pop-up.  The window wouldn't display the full calendar.

Regretfully, I don't know what the solution is, but it seemed to be specific to her machine - i.e. other users didn't seem to have the same issue.  Have you been able to replicate the issue on multiple machines?

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 9:32 PM
  • Yes...the problem occurs on multiple workstations with multiple users and multiple projects.
    Friday, February 4, 2011 2:43 PM
  • Kathy: If you are referring to the Resource Names column in the Gantt Chart view, then you might try the Task Entry view, which gives you more control and may work better for your display issue.
    Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Friday, February 18, 2011 9:57 PM
  • There is no Task Entry view in the PWA Schedule.  I tried all the Tasks views in PWA and the problem is still present.  We have project owners who are only using PWA to manage simple projects.
    Monday, February 28, 2011 6:37 PM
  • Please do need full.

Monday, May 16, 2011 12:36 PM
  • Hi All,

The ResouceName column in  pwa column  is disappeared when i opened in IE8 7.0 version 128 bit.

when i opened in IE8 8.0 version 256 bit  the resouce Names drop down is opening.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance

Thanks

S.Kahsinath

Monday, May 16, 2011 12:42 PM