none
No way to check for all unanswered posts. RRS feed

• General discussion

• While I like the new forum interface, it seems that there is no way to check for unanswered posts across the whole forums anymore.  Am I just missing it somehow or is it truely not there?  Also, is there any way to check your reputation points or to alter a thread between question and comment?
    AJ Henderson
    • Edited by AJ Henderson Thursday, June 5, 2008 8:29 PM Updateing with more info
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 8:28 PM

All replies

• Are you saying you want to see all unanswered threads on every single forum in the system, or every thread in a single forum?

If single forum you can do this easily with the filter bar on the top of the forum page.  You can apply the "No Replies" filter to see all thread that have zero replies or select the first filter drop down list on the far left that defaults to "All Threads" and select "Unanswered".

Hope this is helpful.
    Sam Jarawan STO Forums - Senior Development Lead
    Friday, June 6, 2008 1:12 AM
  • I would actually like to be able to see all unanswered posts across the various forums.  I tend to do quick checks for any questions which it seems I might be able to offer input on and it is far less time efficient for me to have to go through each specific topic forum individually.  I am basically looking for the Unanswered functionality on the Home page of the old forums.
    AJ Henderson
    Friday, June 6, 2008 2:12 PM
  • thanks AJ.

Do you want to narrow down by category or by a custom set of forums that you choose.  We're looking at doing a "My Forums" category where you can add whatever forums you want and we'll persist those for you.  Then also have a threads list of those forums so you can then use the filters on them.
    Sam Jarawan STO Forums - Senior Development Lead
    Friday, June 6, 2008 3:40 PM
  • Let me get in on this discussion.

See my post here:

http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/suggest/thread/8b09fae2-49c2-4b30-92d5-0e3778c0b642/
    You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person.
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 10:00 PM
  • Sam,

What you are talking about would work very nicely for what I need actually as it would allow me to access the unanswered posts from all forums I have knowledge of and skip over those I am inexperienced on.
    AJ Henderson
    Monday, June 16, 2008 2:11 PM