CRM2011 Report Rendering RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to test reports in CRM2011 (on premiss) from my work stations (Windows XP and IE8.0) but all reports are empty.

The report view windows displays a message at the bottom: "Done, with errors on page".

I have a system administrator security role, and there is another user that installed CRM and can print reports with no problem.

The error is shown below. Any idea what do I need to do to get reports rendering on my work station?

Monday, March 11, 2013 8:58 PM

Answers

• Thanks, see my reply above.
    • Marked as answer by HS2010 Monday, March 18, 2013 4:34 PM
    Tuesday, March 12, 2013 3:30 PM

All replies

• Hello

See if this helps you - 

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/arpita/archive/2012/07/21/microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011-unable-to-run-any-reports-due-to-missing-security-role-in-default-organization.aspx

As the link mentions, there can be 2 reasons :

1. If your user has no security role assigned in the default organization of setup.

2. Check if default organization is disabled.

Meanwhile, what is the setup details for your crm and what is the rollup you are on ?

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:33 AM
  • Hi,

Please check your Reporting Services  & Sql is active or not [Run-->Services.msc]..

then Check Dcom files for Reporting 

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 11:21 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. I read the article but the cause of the error does not apply to my case. Here are the details:

1. Two users are currently defined in CRM, both have a system administrator role and both are memebrs of the root organization (top level) that is active and has two business units under it.

2. One of the users can print the reports, the other (myself) cannot and the report come out blank (no rendering)

I am guessing it has to do with my work station or the IE8.0 settings that prevents the data viewer displaying the report content.

• Thanks, see my reply above.
    • Marked as answer by HS2010 Monday, March 18, 2013 4:34 PM