Re-install web components OCS 2k7 R2 Enterprise? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

The Web Components component isn't working as it should on our OCS server after removing a non-operational server from the pool that previously held this role.

When using Add/remove programs to uninstakll the web component on the remaining server the installation wizard mentions that one or more services are still active but I can't deactivate the web component service in the OCS admin tool as it's greyed out.

How do I go about uninstalling the component and then re-install it? Should I force the installation wizard to go through with the uninstallation and then just reinstall the service?

Thanks!
    Friday, September 18, 2009 12:22 PM

Answers

• The Web Components is a prerequite role for the Web Conferencing conponent, so that is why it is grayed-out in the Deactivate menu.  You'll need to deactivate the Web Conferencing service first, then you can deactivate the Web Components.  You can then uninstall each component, and reinstall/reactivate.

This document shows the proper order of deactivation/removal of ther components: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd572243(office.13).aspx
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Friday, September 18, 2009 12:44 PM

All replies

• The Web Components is a prerequite role for the Web Conferencing conponent, so that is why it is grayed-out in the Deactivate menu.  You'll need to deactivate the Web Conferencing service first, then you can deactivate the Web Components.  You can then uninstall each component, and reinstall/reactivate.

This document shows the proper order of deactivation/removal of ther components: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd572243(office.13).aspx
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Friday, September 18, 2009 12:44 PM
  • Thanks Jeff, this is the sort of document I've been looking for but due to my lacking search-fu haven't found.

Thanks again!
    Monday, September 21, 2009 7:29 AM