WHS 2011 OEM shipping in Canada? RRS feed

• Question

• What is the hold up on Canadian resellers offering WHS 2011 OEM version for sale?  Is this Microsoft Canada issue? Is there an ETA on Canadian availability?  Any info would be helpful.

TIA

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 4:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• You could buy from somewhere like NewEgg in the US and have it shipped to Canada. My OEM version from them has it licensed for sale and distribution in the both USA & Canada.

Phil

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 4:54 PM
  • Thanks PhilipJH,  newegg.com,  amazon.com have policies against shipping outside USA. newegg.ca and amazon.ca don't have the WHS 2011 listed (just 32bit versions). Seems strange that I'd be the only one asking for it in Canada. Mind you the microsoft.ca offical Windows Home Server page is not updated either. I would like to know from an official source if I should wait and for how long, or if the WHS 2011 is not going to be offered in Canada, if so I will take steps to source it from USA.
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 4:59 PM
  • Wednesday, June 8, 2011 6:04 PM
  • Haole, thanks for the link.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 6:27 PM
  • I work for an IT reseller in Ottawa, and I've actually just had one of the main distributors in Canada (Synnex) activate the listing for the English sku of the WHS 2011.  Its been in their system for a while, but nobody turned it on.

I plan to order a copy soon directly from them, but for the rest that can't do this, you can now go to your favorite IT reseller that purchases from Synnex Canada, and ask them to give you a price on Synnex sku 4720013  (which is WHS11, MS sku CCQ-00128.)

Don't send flowers as thanks... send cash...    ;-)

Thursday, June 9, 2011 12:51 PM
  • FYI, I went ahead and ordered from anitec.ca as suggested by haole.

Friday, June 10, 2011 6:47 PM
  • That post links to anitec.ca, which is unavailable.

The issue with getting WHS 2011 in Canada still exists. I could not find any supplier in Canada having WHS 2011 in stock, and none of them could provide any information when WHS 2011 would be available.  

I have found WHS 2011 at compusa.com and tigerdirect.com, but they ship it virtually anywhere in the world except Canada.  

Saturday, July 16, 2011 9:58 AM
  •       Reg. Price: $72.90  CAD
          Availability: Back Order

--------------------------------------------------------------------
                This product is available but currently we do not have stock. Order it today and we will ship when it's available.

BullDawg
    In God We Trust

How about here:NCIX <http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=62432&vpn=CCQ-00128&manufacture=Others>

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

begin 666 btn_question.gif
    M1TE&.#EA# `,`-4``(.#@^CHZ,/#P____WU]?9^?G_#P\,+"PG]_?\'!P7AX
    M>-O;VY>7EYZ>GL# P.#@X,G)R<K*RI:6EOCX^)V=G?'Q\8>'AXB(B(6%A8F)
    MB8:&AH" @'M[>X*"@HJ*BHN+BWIZ>H2$A'Y^?GEY>8&!@7Q\? ``````````
    M````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
    M`````````````````````````````````"'Y! ``````+ `````,``P```9N
    MP(_'\Q$6B<=,QF+1."T93^9RP80$@D6$$:)J+*&#`2 95 !-C+60Z'@&$Y(Z
    M% (`.B3(HT&BDSIX&Q0."!L;@"0;)"0B4R*)BR*2(AP!`1PB! 0B)9TE()8C
    6GIT<)1PC"B,C'*4E(R"PKR"JLD$`.P``
    `
    end

begin 666 btn_check_stock.gif
    M1TE&.#EA5@`,`+,/`.!F9OSN[M8S,^1W=_&[N],B(L\1$?7,S.ZJJMI$1-U5
    M5?C=W?___\P``````````"'Y! $```\`+ ````!6``P```2QL,E)Y;LXZ\V[
    M_V!74070A&BJKMDH"0%QA@Y[U?:*7RX<"#.-8XC;Z4#$G9'6:B!,#1@#NC'6
    MEBELQGH[8AH#ADP*#7:KQ.U07<1@W^E'_+:6N\&,A2(PI0@Y2F=V@W9M@$N!
    M9X%M> R.919;@&YT<8B$'76$B9<X#0F.?15_5928@I4HAINH<G4-!@>BHZ1=
    CG*:+K:BKM[9=$P4N9FZ6IJY6=8E"<ZZIQ+S"?CG3U"@1`#L`
    `
    end

BullDawg
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 11:41 AM
  •       Reg. Price: $72.90  CAD

--------------------------------------------------------------------
                This product is available but currently we do not have stock. Order it today and we will ship when it's available.

They do not provide any info when the product would have stock. It may take a long time...
    It looks like Microsoft doesn't want to distribute WHS 2011 outside US right now. That product is available only on US site of Microsoft, and it is missing anywhere else - not a good sign  
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 1:35 PM
  • UK has it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-OEM-software-intended-builders/dp/B0050TVAWS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1310826179&sr=8-1

Austria has it.

http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_8?__mk_de_DE=%C5M%C5Z%D5%D1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=whs+2011&sprefix=whs+2011

France has it.

http://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_fr_FR=%C5M%C5Z%D5%D1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=whs+2011

Germany has it.

http://www.amazon.de/Systembuilder-Windows-Server-64Bit-english/dp/B0050TVAWS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1310826811&sr=8-2

Japan has it.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_ja_JP=%83J%83%5E%83J%83i&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=whs+2011&x=27&y=22

But you are correct on Canada.  I could not find a copy anywhere.

BullDawg
    In God We Trust

Reg. Price: $72.90 CAD

-------------------------------------------------------------------- This product is available but currently we do not have stock. Order it today and we will ship when it's available.

They do not provide any info when the product would have stock. It may take a long time...

It looks like Microsoft doesn't want to distribute WHS 2011 outside US right now. That product is available only on US site of Microsoft, and it is missing anywhere else - not a good sign

BullDawg
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 3:01 PM
  • This is really unbelievable.

I am also trying to buy WHS 2011 in Canada. I have been using the original WHS for a few years and have been very happy with it. Now I am getting some new hardware and want to upgrade the software.

First I thought I could buy it on-line, direct from Microsoft and download an ISO. Nope. How about a trial version for download? Nope. Can I buy a dvd copy form Microsoft and have them ship it to me? Nope. I went to my local computer specialty (enthusiast) store and asked them to order me a copy, since they don't have any in stock (surprise). No problem, they said, they can usually get these things in a couple of days. Now it's nearly two weeks later and they tell me that none of their suppliers have any and they won't be able to get it until the end of the month! Come on Microsoft, this is a piece of software, not the iPad 3! Why is it so hard to get?

This is a really good product that is surely doomed to fail if Microsoft can't bother to make it available to those of us who want it.

Please Microsoft, send a few copies to Canada. They don't take up too much space. If you don't have any room in your trucks, let us download it. Please?

Monday, July 18, 2011 11:14 PM
  • I am with everyone here, as a long time User of WHS, I am looking forward to 2011.  Now, just a matter of getting our hands on a copy.  Although the NCIX price is a lot mor then what they are offering it in the US, would be willing to take the hit.  Just make it available!

Have been able to find it at: www.sohodiffusion.com for $110 Cdn plus shipping, a little more then the going INTL rate, but does say they have it in stock,

• Edited by Da Cdn Guy Tuesday, July 19, 2011 12:29 AM Found CDN store with stock.
    Monday, July 18, 2011 11:38 PM
  • I have been using the WHS 2011 (Vail and then RC) for some time, and now it is expired (no warning).  I spent some time looking for it in Canada without much luck.

I found it at Microcad.ca - they did not have it on their site, but when I called they were able to get it in the next day for me.  They can ship if you are not able to pick up (in London).

• Marked as answer by Ken Warren Sunday, September 4, 2011 3:29 PM
    Sunday, September 4, 2011 12:21 PM
  • Best price I found was directcanada.com ... only $48.38. Purchased maybe 2 weeks ago. Working great.

see here: http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=16950SW4793&vpn=CCQ-00128

• Edited by SilverBullet126 Saturday, September 17, 2011 1:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ken Warren Saturday, September 17, 2011 2:50 PM
    Saturday, September 17, 2011 1:54 PM