laptop client backup fails via wifi RRS feed

• Question

• ive had this laptop connected since WHS V1 and V2 during the RC release. i am able to install the connector fine, and same laptop is shown as online on the dashboard.

however when i start to manually back it up, if fails and when i check what is wrong it says i do not have storage space.

now this is odd as i am able to backup another client, my main pc(at least 5gb worth of backup)just fine. only difference with the laptop and main pc is that the main pc has a wired connection and the laptop via wifi.

default server folders have been moved to a RAID10 pool of 3.7 TB, so space should not be an issue. what is odd is how is it that one client with more data is backed up nice and easy while i have this problem with the laptop client with less data to backup and complains that their is no hard drive space?

anybody else have this problem?

Saturday, April 9, 2011 3:08 PM

All replies

• Try the first backup wired and subsequently use wireless.
    Saturday, April 9, 2011 8:34 PM
  • did not make any difference. still have the same problem. i went further with the error and looks like the inadequate storage space is on the client which is again odd as i have at least 240gb of free space. why is it looking at free space on the client pc?
    Sunday, April 10, 2011 12:07 AM
  • i think i may have found the culprit. to elaborate further, the client pc im trying to back-up is a WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE laptop. what it is, is that WHS 2011 is also trying to backup a the SYSTEM RESERVE drive with 100MB of space. i think from what i understand this is inherent for WINDOWS ULTIMATE SYSTEMS.

so, when  CUSTOMIZED my backup for this WINDOWS LAPTOP to not include the SYSTEM RESERVE drive, i was able to start backing up this sytem.

so, what gives? this is not a new system and this is the same system that has been backed up by my V1 before with no problems.  what will come out with this incomplete (?) backup? will this be able to restore this laptop if the need arises?

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k493/RAKET-Tech/nobackup.png

Monday, April 11, 2011 12:24 PM
  • Now ther first backup is ok, try what happens if you now add the System reserve and run backup again.

i think i may have found the culprit. to elaborate further, the client pc im trying to back-up is a WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE laptop. what it is, is that WHS 2011 is also trying to backup a the SYSTEM RESERVE drive with 100MB of space. i think from what i understand this is inherent for WINDOWS ULTIMATE SYSTEMS.

so, when  CUSTOMIZED my backup for this WINDOWS LAPTOP to not include the SYSTEM RESERVE drive, i was able to start backing up this sytem.

so, what gives? this is not a new system and this is the same system that has been backed up by my V1 before with no problems.  what will come out with this incomplete (?) backup? will this be able to restore this laptop if the need arises?

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k493/RAKET-Tech/nobackup.png

Have a nice day!
    Monday, April 11, 2011 2:58 PM