Billing Center says OneCare is "Enabled", but can't add my laptop. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Billing Center says OneCare is "Enabled", but when I try to add my laptop to my OnceCare subscription, it tells me that "this identity is not associated with a OnceCare subscription".  Grrr.... any ideas?
    Sunday, November 2, 2008 3:39 AM

Answers

• If you have an active subscription, which is what was created when you activated on the first computer, you need to use the same LiveID on the subsequent activations. If you are arriving at a screen to purchase or provide a token, you are likely not using the same LiveID as the subscription ID.

On the first PC, open OneCare and click Help and then About to see your Subscription ID. That is the LiveID to sign in with.

If you are using that LiveID and OneCare is throwing the error about not having a subscription, then please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, November 3, 2008 6:49 PM

All replies

• If you have an active subscription, which is what was created when you activated on the first computer, you need to use the same LiveID on the subsequent activations. If you are arriving at a screen to purchase or provide a token, you are likely not using the same LiveID as the subscription ID.

On the first PC, open OneCare and click Help and then About to see your Subscription ID. That is the LiveID to sign in with.

If you are using that LiveID and OneCare is throwing the error about not having a subscription, then please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, November 3, 2008 6:49 PM
  • As I stated in my initial post, I have even VERIFIED that the subscription is still active, by signing in (with my Windows Live ID) and visiting the "Billing Center" for that account. 

I AM using the same Windows Live ID, but when I attempt to adde the laptop to the subscription, WLO tells me that the account is not associated with an active subscription.

Monday, November 3, 2008 8:15 PM
  • Which is why my previous reply stated that if you are using the verified LiveID and receiving this error, please contact support. I can only think of one reason for this. If your account is for the Perpetual Beta, you cannot activate the retail copy of OneCare with the subscription LiveID and vice versa.

-steve

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 4:07 PM