Blocked Site RRS feed

• Question

• Why would MSN block web sites that meet ALL of their guide lines? I sign in to check on my sites and they are all blocked. The sites are not even listed in the index anymore. There is no spam (hidden text, link farms, stuffed photo tags etc...), w3 compliant with no errors and no stolen content.  I guess this is why MSN is ranked at only 15% and Yahoo at 27% and Google at 42% of the search engine usage. Vistors to my sites from Google just under 400 per day from Yahoo 220 average per day MSN 0 sites are blocked. The only reason I know that MSN would do this is because of spam. I will not submit my sites for reinclusion when I have not spammed, but will encourage others to use Google a search engine that works.

I know MSN RESPONSES

Your site is showing as blocked.  In the webmaster tools there is a link to submit your site for reinclusion if it is blocked or if you suspect that your website was incorrectly identified as spam, please do the following:

• Open the Live Search Site Owner support form.
    • In the boxes provided, type your name and e-mail address.
    • In the What type of problem do you have? list, select Other.
    • In the box provided, describe the issue, including the following information:
      • The search words that you used to produce the search results that contain the web spam
      • The URL of the web spam
      • Whether the content of the site matched the result description

Be sure to review our Live Search Site Owner support form.

• In the boxes provided, type your name and e-mail address.
  • In the What type of problem do you have? list, select Other.
  • In the box provided, describe the issue, including the following information:
    • The search words that you used to produce the search results that contain the web spam
    • The URL of the web spam
    • Whether the content of the site matched the result description

Be sure to review our Guidelines for successful indexing to ensure that you are not doing anything that would get your site blocked.

Friday, April 4, 2008 9:53 AM

Answers

•  

I would like to take this offline. Will you email me at brett_yount at my hotmail account?

Thanks,

Brett

Friday, April 4, 2008 9:45 PM

All replies

•  

I would like to take this offline. Will you email me at brett_yount at my hotmail account?

Thanks,

Brett

Friday, April 4, 2008 9:45 PM
  • To help cure the problem I am adding to the bottom of the home page of all the web sites I build and run, and encourge everyone else to do the same or something similar,

We are sorry for the inconvience of not being able to find this site on MSN live. This Site and many other quality sites are not being indexed by MSN live. Improve your search results and see what sites you have been missing, use google.
    If you are using Internet Explorer here is a link to update it to IE7 with Google set as the search engine.

IE7 UPGRADE

This is giving MSN more respect then it has shown many sites. There is no rules or laws saying that you have to index any web site, but if your are going to be a search engine, then do it right or let user know that are a lot more sites available that you don't even list.

Brett I emailed you and got no reponse back.
    Sunday, April 6, 2008 8:11 PM