none
Reactivation Key

Question

• I need to purchase another reactivation key for my Windows Vista on a different computer.  How do I buy this key and how much does it cost?
    Thursday, March 29, 2012 2:43 PM

Answers

• Hello Chaosflipper,

No legitimate retailer sells just Windows Product Keys. Windows is always sold with the Windows software and Key.  

As for where to buy Vista, normally I would recommend the Microsoft Store (http://www.microsoftstore.com) however, the only version of Windows sold at the Microsoft store is Windows 7.  If you are committed to getting Vista, some retailers may still stock Vista, but please be very careful and only buy from a Trusted retailer. 

Thank you,

Darin MS

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, March 29, 2012 10:47 PM
    Thursday, March 29, 2012 10:47 PM

All replies

• "Chaosflipper" wrote in message news:8f005b8d-8ae5-4e91-ae25-9314bfba9759...
    I need to purchase another reactivation key for my Windows Vista on a different computer.  How do I buy this key and how much does it cost?

MS no longer sells Vista licenses.
    You *may* be able to get ne through retail channels, but beware the pirates!

Please explain your exact need - we may be able to point you in the right (and possibly cheaper) direction.
    What type of License do you currently own?

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Thursday, March 29, 2012 10:44 PM
  • Hello Chaosflipper,

No legitimate retailer sells just Windows Product Keys. Windows is always sold with the Windows software and Key.  

As for where to buy Vista, normally I would recommend the Microsoft Store (http://www.microsoftstore.com) however, the only version of Windows sold at the Microsoft store is Windows 7.  If you are committed to getting Vista, some retailers may still stock Vista, but please be very careful and only buy from a Trusted retailer. 

Thank you,

Darin MS

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, March 29, 2012 10:47 PM
    Thursday, March 29, 2012 10:47 PM