none
S&T 2013 all icons will not load on the tool bar RRS feed

All replies

• Hi Nienie,

If you don't see all toolbars, do the following: On the Menu bar, click View > Toolbars > then sellect the desired toolbars (for example the Drawing toolbar).

Laptop GPS World

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 5:09 PM
  • I did not clarify myself.  It looks like all the icons are there, except some of them only show a page with a dog ear on the upper right.  Also when I open Drawing toolbar, it shows strange symbol on each icon.

Phyllis Hemmingson

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 5:36 PM
  • Phyllis, it is possible all is just fine with your installation, and what you are seeing is the new Windows 8 "Metro UI" style buttons. The following page contains a picture of how the tool bar buttons look in the new S&T version: http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/4863-streets-trips-2013-buttons-b-w-no-color

http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 5:49 PM
  • On my tool bar the the driving directions, Bing Maps, Help, zoom out, zoom in look like the button Create new map (page with ear dog on right side).  Also, my drawing tool icons are looke like a pencil with a blue arrow going up. 

Phyllis Hemmingson

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 5:57 PM
  • Phyllis,

That indeed doesn't sound right. Did the installation of the program encounter an unexpected problem (a notification of a file missing on a DVD)? Was it installed from a disc or downloaded from Microsoft.com/streets website?

A re-installation of Streets & Trips may correct it. The disc may be to blame, in which case you could try to clean it, or you could download the program from Microsoft.com/streets

Alternatively, you could wait a day or two to see if someone else offers a more helpful reply.

You could also try calling Microsoft tech support on the numbers listed in the program's Help.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 6:36 PM
  • Ok, I will try these steps.  I am using a disc, and I didn't encounter any problems.  A friend installed her disc on her computer and she is having the same problem. 

Phyllis Hemmingson

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 6:56 PM
  • Simple fix, all I had to do was go to View, Toolbars and turn off large buttons.

Phyllis Hemmingson

Friday, July 20, 2012 6:30 PM
  • Phyllis,

Are you now using the small buttons? Or, switching to small, and than back to large, corrected the look of the large buttons?

Friday, July 20, 2012 9:25 PM
  • Can only use small buttons.  Whenever I click back on Large Buttons the icon pictures do not show, and none of the icons in drawing tool show up on the pictures. They are the icons are there, just no pictures.

Phyllis Hemmingson

Monday, July 23, 2012 2:50 PM
  • XP & IE8

The icons work in a proper manner only when View Large Buttons is off. 

When Large Buttons is selected, the same 'New Map' icon is used for New Map, Nearby Places, Driving Directions Pane, Show Map in Bing, Help, Find Location, and Zoom Out & In.

Monday, July 30, 2012 7:58 PM
  • The problem may be as simple as the operating system used. The same software disk installed on Windows 7 Pro displays all icons correctly, but on Windows XP they do not. As a test I also installed S&T 2013 on a Windows 7 Ultimate desktop and it worked correctly. Installed it on an XP boot partition on the same computer, and the 8 icons are gone.

Jim Brown

Thursday, August 9, 2012 4:32 PM
  • I also have this problem.  It is on a Windows XP Pro 32bit installation with S&T 2013.

If I use LARGE ICONS the DRAWING TOOLS icons are all pencils with a blue line and blue triangle at one end (arrow)

Also, if I select the LINE THICKNESS tool, the entire drop down menu for it is blank, and it remains blank.  It does not matter if I am using LARGE icons or small, it is always empty.

I have uninstalled and re-installed twice now with no change.

Any suggestions??

Thursday, January 3, 2013 6:09 PM