Dynamics CRM slow to display once second server is introduced to the org RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a project where I have the following hardware:

2 x HyperV servers running Server 2008 Enterprise R2

Each HyperV server has 3 Virtual Machines also running Server 2008 Enterprise R2

The 6 virtual machines are slit as follows:

vm1 - lives on hyperv01 - runs sql server 2008 enterprise R2

vm2 - lives on hyperv01 - runs Dynamics CRM 2011 rollup 5

vm3 - lives on hyperv01 - disabled for now but will run Kentico CMS later

vm4 - lives on hyperv02 - runs sql server 2008 enterprise R2

vm5 - lives on hyperv02 - runs Dynamics CRM 2011 rollup 5

vm6 - lives on hyperv02 - disabled for now but will run Kentico CMS later

OK, now to my issue:

I have CRM installed and it appears to be responsive enough whilst I only have the 1st crm server deployed but when I install the second crm server and choose to join an existing org i.e. I point to the sql server on vm1, things start to slow down.

I have NLB installed and again, this could be contributing to the slow down so I disabled one of the crm servers in NLB and again things seem fast.

My overriding issue is that I believe that when I join the 2nd crm server to the org, it must overwrite some database files because it appears to break the crm home page on the first crm server.  Below is a screenshot of the error I am seeing.

If I reinstall the first CRM server then it overwrites the files again and the 2nd server displays the above behaviour.

I have struggles all this week and have a case open with Microsoft.  I am awaiting a call back but I believe it will be monday now before I can speak to them.

Things I have done and have been caught out with throughout the process of getting this up and running:

1. Ensured that I have ticked "The deployment uses an NLB" in Dynamics CRM deployment manager.

2. Follwed http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh699791.aspx to the letter.

DB mirroring and failover works fine and I am happy with that, it is purely the fact that I feel I am not adding the 2nd server correctly.

Please can anyone advise what I could be doing wrong?

Friday, January 20, 2012 4:54 PM

All replies

• Hey did you find a solution to this?

I am having the same issue. CRM 2011 RU8.

Accessing CRM via the NLB VIP is slow and similar errors to the screenshot. Individual host access is fine.

NLB set to IGMP Multicast with single affinity

Cheers

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 7:15 AM