Tracking emails in CRM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, does anyone know where the follow up activity generated after you hit "Track in CRM" while sending an Outlook email goes to? Because I've sent out several emails for leads and accounts in CRM and I hit the "Track in CRM" button before sending the email, yet when I go into CRM and open the lead or account pertaining the email, nothing comes up in the activity nor history tabs, so I have no clue of whether or not the tracking is taking place and if it is, I don't know where to look for it.

Thanks in advance!
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:07 PM

Answers

• You need to also use the Set Regarding with the Track button in order to associate the e-mail with the Lead, Account or Contact record.  You will see the e-mail in the History section of the record that you used for Set Regarding.  If you do not use the Set Regarding feature, the e-mail will be a record in the database without an association.  You cand find the e-mail by using Advanced Find or you will probably also see it in your Assigned or In Progress queue under workplace.
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:30 PM
    • Marked as answer by SQL_4_Me Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:05 PM
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:30 PM

All replies

• You need to also use the Set Regarding with the Track button in order to associate the e-mail with the Lead, Account or Contact record.  You will see the e-mail in the History section of the record that you used for Set Regarding.  If you do not use the Set Regarding feature, the e-mail will be a record in the database without an association.  You cand find the e-mail by using Advanced Find or you will probably also see it in your Assigned or In Progress queue under workplace.
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:30 PM
    • Marked as answer by SQL_4_Me Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:05 PM
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:30 PM
  • Gotcha that solved the problem lol! Thank you very much I greatly appreciate it!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:05 PM
  • You're welcome, have a good day.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:21 PM