SynchOrchistrator with Remote WCF RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am really struggling to get my head around a proxy remote provider for the synchorchistrator.

We have a central server with PC's that need to replicate from the field (SQL 2008 r2 <-> R2 Express) - hence the use of WCF.  The PC's will be replicating over the Internet to the endpoint.

Locally we have our scopes mapped and the sync works great - but I can only seem to get the synch agent working with WCF and not the orchistrator.

I have looked through the usual stuff on msdn and need someone to point me in the right direction of either of the following:

1. WCF sample (remote provider is a proxy) for using with the syncorchistrator
    2. Code snippet for using syncagent with sql express ( even though this will need me to rework the existing solution :( )

Either would give me a starter for 10 ......

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Peter

Newbie web developer
    Saturday, January 22, 2011 7:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• you can check out a sample WCF based sync here: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ProjectName=sync&ReleaseId=3762

as for your 2nd item, there is no sql express client provider for the offline scenario (the one that uses syncagent approach). you will however find a deprecated sample sqlexpress provvider on the link above.

• Marked as answer by Yunwen Bai Wednesday, January 26, 2011 8:21 PM
    Sunday, January 23, 2011 7:25 AM
  • Hi June,

I have taken a look at the WCF based example in the demo project, but I am struggleing to see how the local wcf implementation can be put onto a wcf service footing. 

The end game would be to "just" add the service reference to the local client and consume it as remote method calls - the example seems to build the wcf connection through the local wcf client and not use any remote referencing

Am I missing something here ?

Newbie web developer
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:55 PM
  • I guess you can experiment it with visual studio on adding service reference. but essentially this will end up the same as the sample code. this probably will be more fit into the WCF dicussion forum.

thanks

yunwen

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 8:21 PM