CRM 2015 TraversedPath error RRS feed

• Question

• We have a CRM 2015 environment. We have installed a managed solution with a custom activity. When we tried to install an update of this solution we received the error:

A managed solution cannot overwrite the Attribute component with Id=45654bab-497e-e411-80c7-00155d6709af which has an unmanaged base instance.  The most likely scenario for this error is that an unmanaged solution has installed a new unmanaged Attribute component on the target system, and now a managed solution from the same publisher is trying to install that same Attribute component as managed.  This will cause an invalid layering of solutions on the target system and is not allowed.

The attribute is TraversedPath. This is new in CRM 2015 and is not part of our solution.
    Changing TraversedPath to managed in the database is not the solution.

Does anyone have the same experience?
    Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks,
    Jan

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 8:58 AM

All replies

• I'm afraid I don't have a solution, but TraversedPath relates to hierarchy relationships, so the first thing I'd check is if anything has changed in relation to hierarchy relationships between the original and updated version of the solution, or if someone has created a hierarchy relationship on the custom activity entity in the destination organisation after the entity was first deployed

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 5:49 PM
  • Thanks David,
    This CRM environment is for testing only. Only a few people have access and none of them made any changes to hierarchy relationships. Even if someone would have done, it should not block an update.
    The TraversedPath attribute is not a part of the solution I try to update.
    Wednesday, December 10, 2014 7:50 AM
  • Any solution to this yet? Have excatly the same problem
    Friday, February 6, 2015 7:04 PM
  • TraversedPath was introduced with CRM2015 and is related to the branching in Business Process Flows.

The error you describe is a known issue and you will need to contact Dynamics CRM Support.

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Thursday, April 9, 2015 9:54 AM
    Answerer