CRM 2013 Navigation Alternative RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Nick.

Installation

1. First you'll need to install SparkleXRM 0.1.4 or later
    2. Then you can install the Start Menu Managed Solution (be sure to leave the activate checkbox checked upon import of the solution)

Once you've installed these two solutions in CRM, you should see a compass icon on your command bar - this is a drop down menu with the navigation in it.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by Nicksoft2011 Monday, March 3, 2014 9:19 PM
    Monday, March 3, 2014 8:59 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi Nick,

Just one more to add - my 'Start Menu' style navigation -

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/develop1/archive/2014/02/28/start-menu-style-navigation-for-crm2013.aspx

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Monday, March 3, 2014 7:29 PM
    Answerer
  • Scott,

Thanks for this tool update. But How do you need to install the plugin. I did import the solution and published it. But do I need to add header/footer for this web resource to have it appear on the screen or not??

I don't see the navigation at all? I guess what I am asking is what are the installation steps for this plugin??

Thanks,

Nick

Monday, March 3, 2014 8:21 PM
  • Hi Nick.

Installation

1. First you'll need to install SparkleXRM 0.1.4 or later
    2. Then you can install the Start Menu Managed Solution (be sure to leave the activate checkbox checked upon import of the solution)

Once you've installed these two solutions in CRM, you should see a compass icon on your command bar - this is a drop down menu with the navigation in it.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365

• Marked as answer by Nicksoft2011 Monday, March 3, 2014 9:19 PM
    Monday, March 3, 2014 8:59 PM
    Answerer
  • Scott,

I guess I was confused on GitHub function to download. This is great solution, I have seen so far.

I would recommend this to others, as looks like it is close to CRM 2011 side navigation.

Thanks,

Nick

Monday, March 3, 2014 9:21 PM
  • Scott,

I get your plugin to work. But now I need to custom your plugin with few changes. Is there any reference/document available for this solution that I can refer??

Thanks,
    Nick

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 1:31 PM
  • Hi Nick,

What changes do you need to make?

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 1:38 PM
    Answerer
  • Scott, We have few custom entities which I want to display in this menu as separate groups and Provide shortcut to their associated activity and few custom pages belongs to them. Changing some of the Images according to our ERP theme is major task, but should be ok. Only thing is little difficult would be the few Java Scripts files which I have not looked at yet. Also there is a Custom Plugin DLL which I assume , it has some specific code. Thanks, Nick
    Tuesday, March 4, 2014 2:32 PM
  • Hi Nick,

You can do this using the sitemap editor in http://xrmtoolbox.codeplex.com/

The Start Menu navigation uses the sitemap you have configured so you shouldn't need to change the code - only the site map.

Scott

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 2:52 PM
    Answerer
  • Scott,

That tool updated the Default Navigation Panel at the top. But in your CompassIcon shortcut Menu, it did not change.

Should I be updating any thing in your plugin XML to update that Startup Navigation Menu as well??

Thanks,
    Nick

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 3:44 PM
  • Hi Nick, The solution uses client side caching that is updated every time a web resource is updated. The easiest way to refresh the cache is to reinstall the start menu solution - or you could create a dummy webresource that you update and publish. I'm going to do a post about this soon. Scott

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365

Tuesday, March 4, 2014 7:12 PM
    Answerer