How to setup recurring phone calls? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to setup recurring phone calls in CRM 2013 for follow up purposes?

This way the call is marked complete, and the end user does not need to manually create another task for next week.

Thoughts?

leeym27

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 9:35 PM

Answers

• Andrii,

Another question: In the New Phone Call form, I don't see any field that represents "Change State"

Where can I find this?

Thanks

leeym27

This is field State.

Dynamics CRM MVP/ Technical Evangelist at SlickData LLC
    My blog

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 10:22 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The easiest way to do that is to create workflow that will be triggered on Change State of phonecall and will create new phonecall record.

My blog

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 9:43 PM
  • How would I go about creating this workflow?

Question: Let's say there are 3 calls over 3 weeks. Each time the activity is marked complete therefore triggering the workflow to create another phone call activity the following week. On the 4th week we make contact, close the deal, and then mark the phone call as complete. Won't this trigger the workflow again?

Thoughts?

Thanks

leeym27

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 10:10 PM
  • Unfortunately the current 'quick' forms are not customisable so you cannot add a callback time field, hopefully this will be rectified soon
    Wednesday, December 11, 2013 10:11 PM
  • Chris: Do you have any suggestions on a workaround?

leeym27

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 10:13 PM
  • Andrii,

Another question: In the New Phone Call form, I don't see any field that represents "Change State"

Where can I find this?

Thanks

leeym27

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 10:17 PM
  • There is one field 'Voice Mail' that you could use to indicate to create a callback
    Wednesday, December 11, 2013 10:19 PM
  • Andrii,

Where can I find this?

Thanks

leeym27

This is field State.

My blog

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 10:22 PM