CRM 2013 workflow to count contacts on account RRS feed

• Question

• In CRM 2013, does any one know how to Create workflow that can count Active contacts for an account and update account field with that value??

I know i can do using plugin or batch program , but  if it is possible using workflow, i guess that is preferable.

Friday, June 20, 2014 9:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• You need to create a custom workflow activity to get the number of active contacts of an account, it is not possible using OOB workflow functions.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

• Marked as answer by Nicksoft2011 Friday, June 20, 2014 10:02 PM
    Friday, June 20, 2014 9:50 PM
  • Guide, thanks for your update here. so if i write custom workflow, how do i fire that work flow for all account records??

I mean if i use native CRM GUI, i can apply 250 at a time and if i use MSCRM toolbox/toolkit, i can apply 5000 at a time. so How can i do for entire view??

Friday, June 20, 2014 10:00 PM
  • If you need to update this value for more than 5000 records I suggest to write a console application to process all these records.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Friday, June 20, 2014 11:53 PM
  • Hi

You could try our free workflow executor solution http://www.gapconsulting.co.uk/our-solutions/free-tools/workflow-executor

It allows you to pick an entire view and execute a workflow. Also allows throttling in case you need to run it during core business hours.

Rob

MCTS. GAP Consulting Ltd. Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 & 2013

Sunday, June 22, 2014 8:53 AM